• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I like shooting, I like camping, also jeeping but thats besides the point. Over the past year or 2 I've gotten a half a dozen, dozen or so people at work interested in learning to shoot. Ive taken a few to the range. But what I would really rather do is get the families together for a campout once the weather gets warmer. A place where we can camp, have a makeshift range with a just couple lanes so that during the day kids could plink, parents could try something heavier then at night shut down drain a few cans for tomorrows targets.

None of us have a half a mountain in WV to do it, hell if we did I'd be the first there and last to leave. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

ElDunco

Jul 21, 2008
    Silver Spring
    One of my bosses has a cabin up in WV that he's been saying we need to come out and ride at (dirtbikes) but I don't think that would be an option. I'd love to see some ideas like this as I love all of the above but haven't really been able to connect them all together yet.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    do what I did, get with a girl whos family owns half a mountain in wv :D

That's what I do, cept it's my mountain :lol2::lol2::party29: Problem is being 350 miles away :envy:

In all seriousness, you are SOL unless you go camping NEAR a public range, find someone with land you can borrow, or pay a range out in the middle of no where for a sleep over (some will do it). I would look into a sleep-over range (if the Boy Scouts can do it, why can't you?) or look into camping near a range out of state. Say PA, WV, or VA.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i have a friend whos stepdad owns 3 mountains here in WV but they are a 4 hour drive from where im at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom