• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'd hate to count the number of airports that have been forced to close because the housing developments that grew up around them (cheap land due to noise) didn't like the noise after they moved in. People are just plain stupid!

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Wasn't there a skeet and trap range in Germantown that was closed down by the new home owners down the street... so sad

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Unbelievably, MD actually has a Range Protection Law in place since I think '06-'07 timeframe. No private noise actions. Senator Astle was a close friend of J&P when a chicken necker tried to close them down. IIRC He and Pippin were sponsors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You HarCo boys are scaring the nice folks from Baltimore. :D
    You bet. A couple bought a nice big house along my road. They were from Sykesville and came out for the peace and quiet.

I don't suppose the realtor ever brought them out here on a weekend.

All the shooting around here (including the occasional class 3) unnerved them. They put the house up for sale. They bought high, so it sat on the market for a long time before coming down to a sell point.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Didn't this happen in Marriottsville area as well? My aunt used to live off of Hernwood and said HoCo yuppies were moving there for cheap land and complaining about those darn rural rednecks from shooting on their own land and at the range. There oughta be a "We were here first so deal with it" ordinance.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    This is similar to the huge flight from blight, from the city to the country.

People move into a farming, hunting and shooting society and complain that the fertilizer smells bad and the guns are dangerous and they finally get their way.

A nation of pussies is in our future.

I like pussies Marko...

Feb 28, 2013
    Didn't this happen in Marriottsville area as well? My aunt used to live off of Hernwood and said HoCo yuppies were moving there for cheap land and complaining about those darn rural rednecks from shooting on their own land and at the range. There oughta be a "We were here first so deal with it" ordinance.

Unfortunately, the "We are here now, so YOU deal with it" ordinances are routinely bought and paid for by the yuppy filth making it's way out of Howard and Montgomery counties.:mad54::tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom