• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    What public ranges are there that allow shotgun shooting - not skeet but a place I can take my wife to so she can learn. Thanks

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    What public ranges are there that allow shotgun shooting - not skeet but a place I can take my wife to so she can learn. Thanks

i blast mine at Delmarva using slugs. Makes a nice hole on targets at 100yards

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    where are you located at ?

There is the SKeet and Trap Range in Greenbelt..I just visited it this morning ..Just to enjoy the weather ..

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Update - Greenbelt no go - trap/skeet only no target.

So far only Continental looks good but damn is buckshot scarce and expensive - buck a round is what Im finding. where as 7 1/2 is 7,50 for 25.

What about hap baker or Elk neck?

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    Where do you live and just what do you want to have your wife shoot? Actually, Skeet is pretty good for a first time shooter. Set them up for low 7 and go from there. Anne Arundel Fish & Game on St Maragarets Road in Annapolis has Skeet, Trap, Wooble and a steel pattern board.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    what is wooble and steel pattern board?

I live near Meade, and right now its just a 12g mossberg maverick I got for her side of the bed. Need her to get used to it just going off for starters. Figure trying skeet, a moving target isnt the best for a first trip. Although my son had a blast doing it at 15 the first time he picked up a shot gun. Once she gets used to noise, and kick we can go from there.

Looks like maybe continental is best bet -- Jeep, can I use the same lane for shotgun and pistol and do you allow 22's?

jjboxman

Nov 18, 2008
    Pa & Md
    what is wooble and steel pattern board?

I live near Meade, and right now its just a 12g mossberg maverick I got for her side of the bed. Need her to get used to it just going off for starters. Figure trying skeet, a moving target isnt the best for a first trip. Although my son had a blast doing it at 15 the first time he picked up a shot gun. Once she gets used to noise, and kick we can go from there.

Looks like maybe continental is best bet -- Jeep, can I use the same lane for shotgun and pistol and do you allow 22's?

Wobble is trap with the trap machine moving up and down while rotating from side to side. Lots of fun..

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    AAF&G is open for Skeet and Trap to the public on Fridays 10-4 and Saturdays 10-2. There are always members there eager to help new shooters (sometimes wives/kids take instruction better from a stranger than you). You must be a member to shoot rifle & pistol. Separate ranges for shotgun and pistol. A moving target is a GOOD thing for a first time shooter in that that concentrate more on hitting the target than being afraid of the recoil and because the target is reactionary, they are encouraged when they break one. Starting off at low seven on the skeet field is a very close very easy straight away shot.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Setting up at station 7 on a skeet field and shooting low house with LIGHT loads is probably the best way to learn how to shoot a shotgun. Shooting buck shot or slugs is a terrible way for someone to learn their way around a shotgun, especially someone that might be sensitive to recoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom