MSN poll: would you rather eat at a restaurant that allows or bans guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    This is kind of annoying. Was this poll because of that Country Singer's restaurant or whatever?

When I go to a restaurant, usually I'm there to eat and not engage in gladiatorial combat, so whether it allows or bans guns is secondary.

The poll and the responses are just indicators of news outlets' never-ending quest to keep the phrase "guns are evil" in the minds of viewers. I.e., "Honey I'm hungry, should we go to- GUnS ARe EviL."

I can understand wanting not to go to a restaurant where guns are banned if I could carry my gun all the time. Obviously I'd have to plan ahead and leave the gun at home, or, if I were brave, leave it in the car in a parking lot where people know there are guns being left in the cars.

Anyway, I heard people screaming about this on the radio, but I don't really see it as a 2A issue. I'm kind of beating a dead horse at this point, but this isn't a case of a Government restricting your right to bear arms.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is kind of annoying. Was this poll because of that Country Singer's restaurant or whatever?

When I go to a restaurant, usually I'm there to eat and not engage in gladiatorial combat, so whether it allows or bans guns is secondary.

The poll and the responses are just indicators of news outlets' never-ending quest to keep the phrase "guns are evil" in the minds of viewers. I.e., "Honey I'm hungry, should we go to- GUnS ARe EviL."

I can understand wanting not to go to a restaurant where guns are banned if I could carry my gun all the time. Obviously I'd have to plan ahead and leave the gun at home, or, if I were brave, leave it in the car in a parking lot where people know there are guns being left in the cars.

Anyway, I heard people screaming about this on the radio, but I don't really see it as a 2A issue. I'm kind of beating a dead horse at this point, but this isn't a case of a Government restricting your right to bear arms.

Gladidtors only use swords.. we can still have sword fights... thats the main thing... we just can't have big gulps...

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I walked out of a restaurant today with the wife and kids because they had the gun buster up next to the liquor license. New place I was dying to try, the owner was working the floor and saw us walk in and hen start to walk out. He asked if there was a problem, I told him I only support businesses that support me. He groaned, we ate across the street. $60 and $15 tip to the waitress lost for him.

Wife is getting tired of me doing it. Maybe it will make a difference. Some day.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42

Type in Luby's in your google.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I suspect the results might be different if instead of
    MSN poll: would you rather eat at a restaurant that allows or bans guns?

it was
    MSN poll: would you rather eat at a restaurant that allows or bans guns when an armed intruder threatens to kill everyone?

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    I walked out of a restaurant today with the wife and kids because they had the gun buster up next to the liquor license. New place I was dying to try, the owner was working the floor and saw us walk in and hen start to walk out. He asked if there was a problem, I told him I only support businesses that support me. He groaned, we ate across the street. $60 and $15 tip to the waitress lost for him.

Wife is getting tired of me doing it. Maybe it will make a difference. Some day.

Right on. I would have mentioned the gun sign specifically though

Mr H

Banana'd
    For me, it would probably depend on 2 things...

Does the sign carry the weight of law, and is the business a known 'anti'.

If both, it's a no-go.

If there is no weight of law, and CC is an option, I'm probably there, unless there's a greater point to be made.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom