• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Guns for me but not for thee

So many naive or dishonest posts. I honestly can't tell. Some of you actually believe the crap you are shoveling. Arming the enemy isn't going to make them an ally, it's just arming the enemy.

These people hate everything about me. Oh, but if I help them get a gun they will be my friend? :lol2:

Nope, they will still be the same exact people, but with a gun. Just because THEY have a gun does not mean they think YOU should have a gun, nor does it mean they will fight for 2A rights. As soon as this breezes over they will go back to their same shit. They are like parasites, they screw up states and then move to more free ones to screw them up.

Sheep to the slaughter.

Some well-known examples of hypocrites with guns:

Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA): Introduced the Assault Weapons Ban in 2013. Yet she famously once said "I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon and I made the determination if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me."

Astronaut Mark Kelly and husband of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords (D-AZ): Testified in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee against private firearms sales. Along with Giffords founded an anti-gun group originally called Americans for Responsible Solutions. Yet was caught trying to purchase an AR-15 and a 1911 at a Tucson gun store.

Billionaire politician Mike Bloomberg. One of the most well-funded anti-2A fanatics, and founder/sponsor of Everytown for Gun Safety, Demanding Moms, etc. Yet he famously is protected by armed security at all times, everywhere ("everytown") he goes. When asked about this on the POTUS campaign trail just a couple of months ago, he basically said his life was more important than everyone else's. ”That just happens when you are the mayor of New York City or you are very wealthy, and if you are campaigning for president of the United States you get lots of threats.”

Sarah Brady: Co-founder of Handgun Control Inc. / Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence / United Against Gun Violence. According to the Delaware Daily News she bought her son a Remington 30-06 rifle and scope, telling the Daily News "I can't describe how I felt when I picked up that rifle, loaded it into my little car and drove home. It seemed so incredibly strange: Sarah Brady, of all people, packing heat."

Former Washington Post columnist Carl Rowan: Notorious for writing many anti-gun columns in the Washington Post, on the night of 6/14/1988 he shot an unarmed teenager skinny-dipping in his pool with an illegal/unregistered handgun.

Michael Moore: Producer of the anti-2A "documentary" "Bowling for Columbine". Yet his "bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York’s JFK airport.”

Rosie O'Donnell: TV celebrity who once said on her TV show "I don’t care if you want to hunt. I don’t care if you think it’s your right. I say, ‘Sorry.’ It is 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison.” Yet her bodyguard applied for a concealed carry permit in Greenwich Connecticut.

Other hypocrite celebrities include Rihanna, Lili Reinhart, Chris Rock, Mandy Moore, Julianne Moore, Kristen Bell, Cardi B, Amy Schumer, Gal Gadot, Reese Witherspoon, Cara Delevingne, Gabrielle Union, Jessica Alba, Lena Headey, Diane Kruger, Zendaya, Justin Bieber, Aly Raisman, Harry Styles, Rowan Blanchard, Anne Hathaway, Olivia Wilde, Karlie Kloss, George Clooney, Jeremy Renner, Kevin Costner, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Spike Lee, Uma Thurmon, Richard Donner, ... basically with rare exception any Hollywood glitterati.

And so on. Everyone here knows this is a woefully incomplete list.

These people are not our friends. Owning guns, protected by guns, and yet wanting to take guns away from you and me - I have no desire to increase their power and influence over our liberties and our freedoms.

So in general, I say "no". However we all know there are exceptions to the rules. People you know, people to whom you have or could develop a productive relationship, people to whom you could be a positive influence in their lives, people to whom you can judge whether or not their interests are sincere and honest - those folks on a one-on-one basis could be swayed. As for the others, to quote Matthew 7:6 badly out of context: don't cast your pearls before swine.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I completely agree with the sentiment that this is a rare opportunity to engage and educate. Most folks only know what they’re told and in all things 2A they are lied to. Now that some see a legitimate reason to consider a firearms purchase, they must necessarily learn some facts. It’s quite similar to the 9-11 aftermath. We have a family four houses down that is rethinking the issue. Their daughter is a major player in MDA and is likely a lost cause bit the others are open-minded.

The real lesson for them is that you cannot figure all this out in the midst of a crisis. They need to think long-term about all of the associated requirements and then train to become safe and proficient.

Let their MDA daughter protect them.

No quarter. These people have been voting for bad sh*t on gun owners. Let them reap what they sowed in spades.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    I get what you are saying, but those liberals want to exercise a right while denying everyone else that same right. They made their bed....

How different is this from folks here who would deny others the right to marriage(gays) or adoption(gays), or ...who to vote for(I've seen more than one call recently for Dems to be killed/deported/demonized/otherwise ostracized).... Or..... well, I hope you get it....

We are all a groundswell of anti something's....

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    How different is this from folks here who would deny others the right to marriage(gays) or adoption(gays), or ...who to vote for(I've seen more than one call recently for Dems to be killed/deported/demonized/otherwise ostracized).... Or..... well, I hope you get it....

The only things they are denied with regard to the 2A are the same thing they have already denied everyone else. It's not like the get a wear and carry permit (akin to marriage license) just because they vote dem (akin to sexual preference) for example.

They are denied just as much as we are. I'm simply saying let them figure out how to navigate all of MD's BS laws on their own. They should be expert at it since it's what they wanted and voted to have.

provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    We should draw a distinction between liberal and leftist.

Liberals are willing to be open minded to new ideas and at least handle a gun even if they are not interested in being gun owners. IME they enjoy going to the range, but need hand holding. They are not steppers, but they may vote for steppers. OTOH with some help they will vote against steppers.

Leftists refuse reality and are ignorantly indoctrinated in their mindset. They cannot be reached. 100% steppers and will never change.

Very valid point and I agree 100%. Good distinction. I never thought of it like that before.

Last edited:

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The only things they are denied with regard to the 2A are the same thing they have already denied everyone else. It's not like the get a wear and carry permit (akin to marriage license) just because they vote dem (akin to sexual preference) for example.

They are denied just as much as we are. I'm simply saying let them figure out how to navigate all of MD's BS laws on their own. They should be expert at it since it's what they wanted and voted to have.

I don't know about that. The NYC carry permits were not protected against Freedom of Information inquiries and were fully published a few years back. That included a massive number of long time political contributors and celebrities virtually all Democrats.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I like this, and may use it thanks!

there is today no issue more aligned by party than support for second amendment among GOP and opposition by Democrats. And this all has to do with massive amounts of cash by bloomberg and others whihc mean IOUs held by Bloomberg and his cohorts that your letter won't affect.

gun control/ban advocacy has gone form about 80:20 party aligned to 99:1 party aligned.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Well on one hand we are talking about a specifically named and defined right, and others we are talking aobut a postulated right. A majority of liberals oppose the right to polygamy marriage,and almost certainly adoption by polygamists, and in 20 years that maybe considers bigoted. Polygamy has probably been common and even majority for most of human existence, it is only very recent subjective morality that

let's stick to actual enumerated named rights in Constitution. attacking them is on a different plane than things involving cultural change and not specified.
    Liberals are against all kinds of enumerated and unenumerated rights as well, such as right to live in a country with protected borders,

by the way I don't have any problem with gay marriage, other than noticing that gay marriage proponents are profoundly hypocritical about polygamy

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We should draw a distinction between liberal and leftist.

Liberals are willing to be open minded to new ideas and at least handle a gun even if they are not interested in being gun owners. IME they enjoy going to the range, but need hand holding. They are not steppers, but they may vote for steppers. OTOH with some help they will vote against steppers.

Leftists refuse reality and are ignorantly indoctrinated in their mindset. They cannot be reached. 100% steppers and will never change.

IMO, it is impossible to draw lines of distinction anywhere humans are concerned.

In my mind, most leftists are liberal, but not all liberals are leftist. I also believe a leftist is usually more willing to pick up a weapon(of any type)and use it as a means to force/enforce their beliefs on others.

As far as reality goes, reality is a gun in your face. Everything else is arguable.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    IMO, it is impossible to draw lines of distinction anywhere humans are concerned.

In my mind, most leftists are liberal, but not all liberals are leftist. I also believe a leftist is usually more willing to pick up a weapon(of any type)and use it as a means to force/enforce their beliefs on others.

As far as reality goes, reality is a gun in your face. Everything else is arguable.
    You smart guy.

...this time I really mean it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Truth. This also speaks to human behavior on the most basic level. The person with an instrument giving them power over others WILL use it to push their own agenda at some point.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

This, and IMO, is why they push onerous laws pertaining to firearms. They can’t control their own emotions, so in their eyes, no one else is capable of controlling theirs and can’t be trusted.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Also, not every one is liberal on ALL issues or conservative on ALL issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom