• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The best is whatever y'all think is the best for your own mileage. Not really posting it for the argument.

Just another video from a popular Youtube guy. Shawn Ryan is a former SEAL and CIA guy. He has a great channel.
    Here he goes through and tests his opinion on what he thinks is best for home defense.

It's worth the 21 minutes if you have time. I pretty much agree with him.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just remember the weapon you choose must be one you can shoot accurately with. Otherwise its just a noisemaker. Practice, practice, and more practice. And I mean good practical and purposeful practice not just sending rounds down range.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Only issue is I’ve seen videos/tests of AR ammo that worked much better than 77gr black hills for home defense. (Less over penetration)
    Although unsuppressed would be loud as sh*t inside of a house.
    A 9mm carbine with good ammo is an excellent choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Criteria #1 - You have it with you, or close enough at hand

Criteria #2 - It doesn't totally suck

tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    The best is whatever y'all think is the best for your own mileage. Not really posting it for the argument.

Just another video from a popular Youtube guy. Shawn Ryan is a former SEAL and CIA guy. He has a great channel.
    Here he goes through and tests his opinion on what he thinks is best for home defense.

It's worth the 21 minutes if you have time. I pretty much agree with him.

Absolutely support Shawn and his channel. He does a tremendous service and I love his even, balanced, and no BS presentation. 100% makes me proud to be an American ⭐️

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Am in a single family home. Will stick with the 00 buck. The penetration "test" in the video is not realistic in a typical home.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Absolutely support Shawn and his channel. He does a tremendous service and I love his even, balanced, and no BS presentation. 100% makes me proud to be an American
    I like his honesty shit his personal life stories. Sure would love to hang at one of his classes. I don't even need to take it. Just hang out lol

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    And you shot yours in a real house?

I've shot buckshot enough to know how far it will travel and what it will penetrate.

There will be items and wall that will need to be repaired, if it most unfortunately needs to be used..

It's going to be used if I need it. Here.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    My critique is the "grandma" standing next to the bad guy thing. The correct round, within the correct distance, isn't going to hit grandma. His statement promotes the theory that you "point and fire" a shotgun and it kills everything. I'm in a larger house and would not take wall to wall shots with in. But at hallway distances I'd have zero problems and I'd expect all pellets to be on target. The wad I can't account for.

I agree it likely isn't the best HD weapon. But it's killed many of men throughout history and there's a reason they are so popular.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My critique is the "grandma" standing next to the bad guy thing. The correct round, within the correct distance, isn't going to hit grandma. His statement promotes the theory that you "point and fire" a shotgun and it kills everything. I'm in a larger house and would not take wall to wall shots with in. But at hallway distances I'd have zero problems and I'd expect all pellets to be on target. The wad I can't account for.

I agree it likely isn't the best HD weapon. But it's killed many of men throughout history and there's a reason they are so popular.

I want to be able to take the "hostage shot" if the bad guy has a loved one from behind. Shotty is a no go for moi.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah man

gotta be careful when you shoot your wad :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom