Small company tells gun grabbers what for!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    It's unconstitutional, hopefully pending future suits.... MD just doesn't know it yet. Even commiefornia slipped and let them in, albeit temporarily. Time to do it nationally.

I agree, but I also feel the same way about the NFA, and it's been the law of the land since 1934.

One of my points is you already have possession. Possession can be defined in many ways. Constructive possession and actual possession. The legal issue then becomes a what kind of possession is the law referencing. Possession is a complicated legal issue. If you are out of town and your magazines are in your cabinet, do you have possession? Conversely if your magazines are in the mail and you are at home do you have possession? I don't think this determination is as simple as some my think it appears.

I might see if I can find some Caselaw on "receive."

When you buy something online, I believe you own it once you complete the transaction. At that point, it is your property.

It's an interesting question. One I'd love to see a lawyer chime in on, I'm about 99.99% sure it doesn't work that way, but I'd love to be proven incorrect.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    It appears that post is a joke. I looked at their website and all I see is things like patches, hats and mugs for sale.

jimisbell

Sep 5, 2014
    South Texas Coast
    Those that dont resist are by definition enabling.

This is similar to a situation I am now involved in. Visual aids for the blind are often far over priced. Some charging $4500 for a $600 device because they know that blind people will pay anything to have sight. Also goes for hearing aids. I am forming a group to resist this. While I could pay the $4500 for the device for my wife who could use it, my wife and I agree that we wont because it enables the seller to keep the price high and deprive our less fortunate friends of it.

RESIST or CAPITULATE, your choice. Easy for me to say since I live in Texas........I would hope if I lived in Maryland that I would be brave enough to order one.

kemar

Mar 16, 2017
    Maryland
    Way to take a stand. I will definitely visit their site.

I took a look at their site and it's primarily hats & t-shirts. Didn't see any mags.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    There is a post on their Facebook that they’ve taken them down because they are overwhelmed with orders and PayPal has limited how much money they can take out of their account. Seeing how PayPal has screwed over tech conferences with this action I don’t expect them to see their money for months, if at all.

Bogie

Jan 11, 2020
    That didn’t last

Attachments

• 6E22A936-DAE7-43AD-9381-6C32991B5B01.jpeg
      6E22A936-DAE7-43AD-9381-6C32991B5B01.jpeg
      29.7 KB · Views: 314

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I posted on their FB that they need to make up for this by setting up mobile manned merch trucks that they can park on the border of states that ban transfer but not possession. For instance, park a truck full of mags just over the border of md into Pa, Va, or De and announce on social media where it will be ahead of time. Flip a finger to banned state politicians by supplying banned merch to the residents in a way they can do nothing about....kind've like the franklin armory business model.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I admire their principles. Not the first time reality has smacked good intentions in the face.

I admire their flexibility and positive, constructive reaction.

They’re taking lemons and making lemonade. Being critical of that is being arseholier than thou imho.

Semper Gumby

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The end-run around this would be to go in-house for web design and transaction facilitation. Sure, it'll cost them an arm and a leg, but they could then control the data.

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    It sounds like it was a publicity stunt to me.

Bingo. It was an easy way to get their name out and they sold out their entire inventory in moments, many to people in states that they CAN ship to. Not to mention all of the hats/shirts/merchandise people bought to support them even after all the mags were out of stock.

Maybe I'm too cynical from living in MD. But this doesn't seem like someone standing on principles. It seems like someone using a shitty situation and the trampling of our rights for free advertising and marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom