• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Does anyone in Frederick buy seasoned firewood from somewhere they recommend?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I'm sure if you asked if any members had any wood lying around they didn't want, you'd have more firewood than you know what to do with. The only catch would be is that you would probably have to go and pick it up with your own vehicle and split it yourself. You might even have to cut it to the length you want it to be.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a bunch of seasoned mixed hardwood cut and split that I'll likely never use, would be willing to sell it for a reasonable price. Several years old but kept inside. I can post pics later.

ETA pic

Attachments

• IMG_8960.jpg
      IMG_8960.jpg
      129.6 KB · Views: 421
    Last edited:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I appreciate the offer but, unfortunately, I don't have a means to transport it.

Called the Frey place raider recommended but no answer. Surprising there are only a few places that are advertised online.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I appreciate the offer but, unfortunately, I don't have a means to transport it.

Called the Frey place raider recommended but no answer. Surprising there are only a few places that are advertised online.

Community bulletin boards are great too. This time of year you start to see home-made fliers up from the guys that do tree cutting in the summer advertising firewood delivered. Just not that most of them consider a half-face cord to be a "cord" thank to the fact that there's no standard in most states as to what the legal definition should be.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Took a trip to Frey and the people there are nice. Best price on 1 cord mixed seasoned hardwood delivered I could find.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    See if there are any local mills around your area that will sell and ship slab wood. Might not be seasoned, you are at their mercy when it comes to what is picked, and you will need to split it yourself.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

FWIW go to the DNR forestry web site and there is a list of firewood dealers.

I'd offer to you but I'm currently out of seasoned, had a bad year cutting and we only have on hand our amount for heating. Mostly Maple. Some oak and hickory.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Whats a good price for a cord of wood delivered? decent wood, not junk wood.

Depending... location and quality of wood. 150 - 175 is going price in my area for cut hardwood. I buy 2 cords at a time delivered, slab hardwood 200 dollars dumped in yard. 8 foot lengths, most great some not much more than kindling but for 4 or 5 hundred dollars a year I have good warm heat.
    No idea what he's asking but Alphabrew's wood looks like good stuff.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Depending... location and quality of wood. 150 - 175 is going price in my area for cut hardwood. I buy 2 cords at a time delivered, slab hardwood 200 dollars dumped in yard. 8 foot lengths, most great some not much more than kindling but for 4 or 5 hundred dollars a year I have good warm heat.
    No idea what he's asking but Alphabrew's wood looks like good stuff.

You sure you wanted to word it that way. :lol: :lol2:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    There are signs in the median all over place here on the east side of FDRK. I'll make a note of the number next time I see one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    There are signs in the median all over place here on the east side of FDRK. I'll make a note of the number next time I see one

Signs were back up this morning. Last digit is a ZERO

I've not done business with them but an option to explore

86f119652abaf33f96b74a07e5927d35.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "Mixed Hardwood" not otherwised specified will frequently be mostly Gum and Poplar . If it consists of substantial portions of Oak, Hickory, etc , it will be advertised as such, generally for premium price.

And "seasoned " is a matter of buyer beware . I have literally watched a tree go from being a live growing tree, to being offered for sale as " seasoned firewood" in less than 24 hrs .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom