• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerFan

Jul 18, 2013
    Silver Spring
    My friend and I just started on clays...hope to do both trap and sporting clays.

We were talking about splitting a bulk quantity of 12g 2 3/4 target loads, probably something like 1oz #8.

Any suggestion on the best deals, either locally or online (i.e. a place that doesn't kill you on shipping costs)?

thanks!

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County

I'll second that, and when you order more than $99 there is no shipping. Cabelas also offers a free shipping coupon code sometimes.

Walmart has decent prices on the four box sleeves, but not as good as Cabelas.

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    Dicks has gun clubs for $5.99, or 6.99, a box right now. That's the best deal I have found. It adds up to cheaper than the plain target loads at Walmart.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    1oz loads are harder to find and seem to go fast no matter where you shop. 1 1/8oz in the #7.5 or #8 variety are more plentiful in my experience.

Locally (in Maryland), Bass Pro and Dicks are your best bet.

I was at Bass Pro tonight and they have a ton of Remington Gun Clubs and Federal Top gun target loads. Both #7.5 and #8 but I didn't see any 1oz loads. They definitely had the 1145fps variety. The may have had 1200fps also but I can't remember. Both were 6.99 which is full price. There is no discount on a flat/case. They usually have Winchester AA 1oz but they are a couple/few dollars more per box.

I did find 1oz Gun Clubs at Dicks for 5.98 about a week ago and when I went back, all they had were the 1 1/8oz variety. Can someone confirm Gun Clubs at Dicks are still on sale at 5.98? The don't list ammo on their website...

If you need em now, might be worth buying a few boxes and wait for the next sale. I haven't seen anywhere that discounts a flat/case. Others might know places that do.

If you are shooting at a range and not just someones farm, make sure you know the restrictions. For example, PG Trap and Skeet and AGC (on the trap field) limit shot size to a max of #7.5 and a max velocity of 1200fps. Some of the Winchester AAs are 1350 fps...

Remington Gun Club, Federal Top Gun, Rio and Estate are all good target loads. I think Gun Clubs are the cleanest. For target shooting, whatever is cheapest and will function in your particular gun.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    Not sure if Dick's sale is still on, but when I went, they had both 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz. They were mixed together, so you had to dig around to find the ones you wanted.

leavnalegacy

Mar 24, 2013

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    You can go to PG county trap and buy case lots as well as shot, wads and primers, they did not have any powder for those that reload, there prices are pretty good.
    JW

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    I just went to dicks the other week and bought about 20 boxes of #8 and #9 for trap and skeet respectively and they were priced at 5.98 for gunclub.. I am not sure if they were 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz.. but that was the best deal I had seen in a long time

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    1oz loads are harder to find and seem to go fast no matter where you shop. 1 1/8oz in the #7.5 or #8 variety are more plentiful in my experience.

Locally (in Maryland), Bass Pro and Dicks are your best bet.

I was at Bass Pro tonight and they have a ton of Remington Gun Clubs and Federal Top gun target loads. Both #7.5 and #8 but I didn't see any 1oz loads. They definitely had the 1145fps variety. The may have had 1200fps also but I can't remember. Both were 6.99 which is full price. There is no discount on a flat/case. They usually have Winchester AA 1oz but they are a couple/few dollars more per box.

I did find 1oz Gun Clubs at Dicks for 5.98 about a week ago and when I went back, all they had were the 1 1/8oz variety. Can someone confirm Gun Clubs at Dicks are still on sale at 5.98? The don't list ammo on their website...

If you need em now, might be worth buying a few boxes and wait for the next sale. I haven't seen anywhere that discounts a flat/case. Others might know places that do.

If you are shooting at a range and not just someones farm, make sure you know the restrictions. For example, PG Trap and Skeet and AGC (on the trap field) limit shot size to a max of #7.5 and a max velocity of 1200fps. Some of the Winchester AAs are 1350 fps...

Remington Gun Club, Federal Top Gun, Rio and Estate are all good target loads. I think Gun Clubs are the cleanest. For target shooting, whatever is cheapest and will function in your particular gun.

Last weekend Dicks in Glen Burnie had 1 oz and 1-1/8 oz 12 ga Glun clubs for 5.99. I bought a dozen 12 ga 1-1/8 oz 8 shot (they had 7-1/2s as well).

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Last weekend Dicks in Glen Burnie had 1 oz and 1-1/8 oz 12 ga Glun clubs for 5.99. I bought a dozen 12 ga 1-1/8 oz 8 shot (they had 7-1/2s as well).

They let you buy a dozen?!??! I'm jealous! Only let me have 10 boxes down here!

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    Gander mountain in Salisbury gives you a 5% discount if you buy a case that is not on sale. Dicks is still a better deal right now with the gun clubs.

ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    Dicks white marsh has buy 4 get 1 free of Rio target loads as of 10:30. Price was regular 6.99 but worked out to a little over 5.50 per box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom