• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eam668

May 20, 2013
    Harford County,Md
    FFL dealer: Continental Arms in Timonium.

Just called Continental arms as I am awaiting word on a purchase from May 16. They said that although the MSP agreed to allow gun dealers to release that the FFL dealers are breaking federal law if they release the gun without a NICS (?) number and only the MSP can get this?

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I called Gun Shack in MT Airy at 3:15 6/21/13.
    I wanted to know what date they were calling, I thought they should be close to my date mid april by now.

The GUY who answered the phone said they stopped calling people for early release weeks ago because the MSP said so! F****in idiot!
    It was not TIM who I spoke too.
    I said have you seen or heard from anyone about the MSI and MD firearm assc DECISION that was announced today. He said yes but it didn't matter.

At that point in the conversation I lost my mind and told him that I would no longer be a customer and that I would make sure that others know of there decision.

ianmcall WE are F***ed!

I will state it was not an owner, but I would think they can speak to there employees on a minute to minute bases when ever they need to at any point in the day. Well maybe they can not since the employees are in the back putting 22lr into baggies.
    Sorry for the off topic part.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    well I emailed MSAR the PDF that is posted here http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=123295

and asked if they would be changing their release policy and this is the reply they sent me.

Good afternoon,
    Unfortunately we will not be changing our policy. Thank you for contacting Maryland Small Arms Range, if you have any other questions please feel free to contact us. Have a great day!

Maryland Small Arms Range Inc
    9801 Fallard Court
    Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
    301-599-0800 Phone
    301-599-9642 Fax

I understand its their business and their policy is per the law but once I am able to pick up my pistol currently held hostage I will not be making any additional purchases there. The tease we had when they were thinking about releasing was just that, a tease. And for those thinking we WON something, think again. Until all dealers are releasing after the 8th day, or the MSP get their act together we have won NOTHING. Where is the justice when a transaction is done at a MSP barracks and they are told 8 days but many/most FFL's are still holding on till the paperwork comes back....... Yes I am getting frustrated.....

Last edited:

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Guys...please don't hold FFL's to the flame. In the case of MSAR, they built a huge facility, probably the best indoor range I have seen. Let's say they follow the 8 day rule and in a 1000 releases, one gets released to a prohibited person, a crime gets committed and an investigation is launched. Yes, no laws were broken, BUT I would not want to be in the shoes of the owner. The only answer to this entire broken system is for the FFL to be the POC for the NICS system. The law suit partially achieved its purpose, they forced the MSP and attorney general to read the law and more importantly acknowledge the law AS IT IS ALREADY WRITTEN. The ultimate problem was never solved.

cornbrown

Apr 8, 2012
    Called Just Guns about my April Purchase. They say they are still not releasing until they get a not disapproved from MSP!! My last not disapproved purchase with them was about 18months ago...

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Just called Continental arms as I am awaiting word on a purchase from May 16. They said that although the MSP agreed to allow gun dealers to release that the FFL dealers are breaking federal law if they release the gun without a NICS (?) number and only the MSP can get this?

It is only true in a non-POC state but such is life.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

This goes a lot deeper than just NICS with C-A.

Don't hold your breath.

I think the same is true for B-P too.

I gave them 4 hours to look into this and the following is out of their Firearm Managers mouth:

They are NOW aware of this new MSP ruling.

They are aware that the MSP will not drop the hammer on them for early release.

They are aware that they MAY release after 7 days without a background check.

They are aware that they can release without a NICS number.

They are aware that they can add the NICS number at a later date.

They Still Won't Release. F****** A*******!!! I'm done with them.

They will get 30 bucks to ship my gun to a sane FFL.

P.S. So nothing has changed!

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Guys...please don't hold FFL's to the flame. In the case of MSAR, they built a huge facility, probably the best indoor range I have seen. Let's say they follow the 8 day rule and in a 1000 releases, one gets released to a prohibited person, a crime gets committed and an investigation is launched. Yes, no laws were broken, BUT I would not want to be in the shoes of the owner. The only answer to this entire broken system is for the FFL to be the POC for the NICS system. The law suit partially achieved its purpose, they forced the MSP and attorney general to read the law and more importantly acknowledge the law AS IT IS ALREADY WRITTEN. The ultimate problem was never solved.

In todays climate they could be sued after waiting 100 + days or what ever time it ends up being. It does not matter.

enjoi1968

Streets Closed Pizza Boy.
    May 10, 2013
    I just left Atlantic Guns as a happy man. Now have two of the four I have been waiting for in my posession

For the folks waiting on Atlantic, are you CC, DC, previous ND at Atlantic, regular customer etc? So they can better ascertain if Atlantic is following after the MSI suit or their last stated policy of PP, DC, CC. Thanks

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie

I am sorry but when a dealer closer to my house is also following the law and I can get a purchase after the 8th day why would I subject myself to a wait like this again?????? And so far as the concern about a crime committed with a gun they sold it makes no difference if they got a Go/No Go from the state a civil suit will still get filed against them and they will roll over and settle out of court like everyone else does. And yes I know it's ultimately the states fault we are in this position because they are the POC for handguns and regulated long guns.

Rehabitdc

Mar 28, 2013
    Potomac area
    For the folks waiting on Atlantic, are you CC, DC, previous ND at Atlantic, regular customer etc? So they can better ascertain if Atlantic is following after the MSI suit or their last stated policy of PP, DC, CC. Thanks

Good point. I just got my Designated Collector approval last month, I have purchased a few rifles from them recently and I had paperwork from a recent regulated release. They only asked me to see my DC approval, they didn't even take a copy.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    This goes a lot deeper than just NICS with C-A.

Don't hold your breath.

I think the same is true for B-P too.

I gave them 4 hours to look into this and the following is out of their Firearm Managers mouth:

They are NOW aware of this new MSP ruling.

They are aware that the MSP will not drop the hammer on them for early release.

They are aware that they MAY release after 7 days without a background check.

They are aware that they can release without a NICS number.

They are aware that they can add the NICS number at a later date.

They Still Won't Release. F****** A*******!!! I'm done with them.

They will get 30 bucks to ship my gun to a sane FFL.

P.S. So nothing has changed!

Please do tell the deeper part. You piqued my curiosity.

RollinCoal

May 1, 2013
    Moco md
    I called Gun Shack in MT Airy at 3:15 6/21/13.
    I wanted to know what date they were calling, I thought they should be close to my date mid april by now.

The GUY who answered the phone said they stopped calling people for early release weeks ago because the MSP said so! F****in idiot!
    It was not TIM who I spoke too.
    I said have you seen or heard from anyone about the MSI and MD firearm assc DECISION that was announced today. He said yes but it didn't matter.

At that point in the conversation I lost my mind and told him that I would no longer be a customer and that I would make sure that others know of there decision.

ianmcall WE are F***ed!

I will state it was not an owner, but I would think they can speak to there employees on a minute to minute bases when ever they need to at any point in the day. Well maybe they can not since the employees are in the back putting 22lr into baggies.
    Sorry for the off topic part.
    I just left there about 30mins ago had a nice talk with the older guy there. Asked him about the ruling and in formed him what atlantic guns is doing he said he would have to look into it . Just my 2cents

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013

Be that as it may, the refuse to work with their customers like the IPs on this board have and let their customers show them some sort of proof that they are not disapproved from taking possession of a firearm. On that fact alone I will never spend another dime there outside of the processing fee I already have coming. As others have said, they could still be sued for not releasing. It would still cost them the same in legal fees to defend themselves either way.

FNG

Jun 12, 2013
    Frederick
    Don't blame non-releasing ffls?

Not only are they a huge part of the problem, they are rolling their fellow ffl dealers who are following the law and releasing, right under the bus. Buncha Cowards!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom