• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I had a PLR16 a couple years ago, was not to impressed with the rifle overall. Eventually traded it. Bought a sub2000 about the same time, now that was a awesome gun. Mine was the same s&w 5900 mags. Wish I kept it, but someone made me a offer I could not refuse.

Why? I'm not doubting your opinion, but I find it helpful if people say why they weren't impressed. Originally, I hated mine...turns out using metal GI mags or maybe it was just C-Products mags turned it into a straightpull bolt action. Pmags or reworked metal mags and it "runs like a raped ape" to quote our resident 'smith guru.

Does anyone know where you can even try to order a sub2k? I've been looking for a while and haven't even gotten close.

In the current climate there's no such thing as "ordering" things just show up and dealers are happy to get it :( Best bet would be talk to a few of the bigger shops and find one that will let you put a deposit down on the next one.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    I own PLR-16, Sub2k Glock 19 version, PMR30 and SU-16 by Kel-Tec. Desperate to get the KSG (on waiting list), RFB and the RMR 30. Bummer by the time I get my hands on any of the three the darn AWB be PASSED. I keep Praying someone gets their heads out of their @$$es.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Why? I'm not doubting your opinion, but I find it helpful if people say why they weren't impressed. Originally, I hated mine...turns out using metal GI mags or maybe it was just C-Products mags turned it into a straightpull bolt action. Pmags or reworked metal mags and it "runs like a raped ape" to quote our resident 'smith

Meant to type SU16. Anyways the sights just flat out suck, and even with an optic and good ammo mine shot groups like a mini-14. It ran ok, but had some fail to fires that I could not diagnose, had to send it back. To their credit they fixed it under warranty, but wish I just had gotten a ar15.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I own PLR-16, Sub2k Glock 19 version, PMR30 and SU-16 by Kel-Tec. Desperate to get the KSG (on waiting list), RFB and the RMR 30. Bummer by the time I get my hands on any of the three the darn AWB be PASSED. I keep Praying someone gets their heads out of their @$$es.

Man you have the whole family of difficult to find Kel-Tecs! RMR-30 -any news on that one?

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    I just bought a PLR-16 and I can't wait for the paperwork to come back so that I can play. I found mine on Gun Broker because I had a hard time finding one local.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I just bought a PLR-16 and I can't wait for the paperwork to come back so that I can play. I found mine on Gun Broker because I had a hard time finding one local.

I'm in the same boat as you. Got mine at the new msar a week after they opened. Now on day 31 of my paperwork wait. I'm dying to play with it.:gun7:

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    A guy just bought a Beretta 9mm sub2k at On Target today for $369 plus stuff. He was kind of bummed that it was Beretta and not Glock because he had a bunch of Glock stuff...I kindly pointed out that he *should* be able to change it with a few parts from Kel-Tec. He was happy about that. Knowing things is neat :)

MDnumb321

Jan 28, 2013
    A guy just bought a Beretta 9mm sub2k at On Target today for $369 plus stuff. He was kind of bummed that it was Beretta and not Glock because he had a bunch of Glock stuff...I kindly pointed out that he *should* be able to change it with a few parts from Kel-Tec. He was happy about that. Knowing things is neat :)

They had one sitting on the rack?? Or he had ordered it? I went in there a few days ago and did not see a single gun without a SOLD tag.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    They had one sitting on the rack?? Or he had ordered it? I went in there a few days ago and did not see a single gun without a SOLD tag.

Nobody can order anything with any reliability in this environment. I figure it was just sitting on the shelf...if I had been an hour earlier it would have been mine...and gone right up on Gunbroker. Happy this guy got it for himself though.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. The Glock mag one won't switch with any of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom