• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    at this point it doesn't even matter. I'm so over the well, if we had the senate, well if we had the senate and oval office, if we blah blah blah

They've had all 3 now and haven't done a damn thing, republicans in congress are spineless and worthless to me.

Nothing more than a cheap set of brakes, and when they fail, watch out.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Assuming the republicans hold the Senate. History is not on their side on this.

No, I mean put this to a vote right before the 2018 elections. Let them tell their constituents that they can't be trusted to carry a handgun in other states and they don't want to fix the background checks either.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    at this point it doesn't even matter. I'm so over the well, if we had the senate, well if we had the senate and oval office, if we blah blah blah

They've had all 3 now and haven't done a damn thing, republicans in congress are spineless and worthless to me.

If Jones wins in Alabama tomorrow there will be rejoicing among establishment Republicans. They can go back to whining and wringing their hands and selling out the people who put them in office.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    No, I mean put this to a vote right before the 2018 elections. Let them tell their constituents that they can't be trusted to carry a handgun in other states and they don't want to fix the background checks either.

I have no doubt that the Republicans will cave and pass the NICS bill without reciprocity.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Under the bill they can't do that. There's no "opt out" clause; if there were then the bill is essentially useless.

Ok, I thought one of the two bills stated 50 state reciprocity for those who have permits from their home state.

Either way its a long shot the thing will pass and if AL goes Jones then forget it.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Ok, I thought one of the two bills stated 50 state reciprocity for those who have permits from their home state.

Either way its a long shot the thing will pass and if AL goes Jones then forget it.

The senate bill states "other than the state of residence", so home state rules to its own residents still apply.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    474.png

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    It's over. Not a chance.

Yep. If Jones wants to get reelected he will buck the Dems in the senate but I don't think he will. If the GOP can put up a normal candidate Jones will be out in 2020 but that's a long way away and I don't think will much matter. Trump isn't getting re-elected. Too many big things aren't getting done already. Wall, Obamacare, and now the tax reform is a total joke. January and one less vote in the Senate with the fact McCain hates him might as well call the Senate in Dem control.

This bill will die in the senate if they put it up for a vote.

VA and now AL. Ominous sign for 2018 and beyond. The GOP is full of morons. I hate all of them.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Yep. If Jones wants to get reelected he will buck the Dems in the senate but I don't think he will. If the GOP can put up a normal candidate Jones will be out in 2020 but that's a long way away and I don't think will much matter. Trump isn't getting re-elected. Too many big things aren't getting done already. Wall, Obamacare, and now the tax reform is a total joke. January and one less vote in the Senate with the fact McCain hates him might as well call the Senate in Dem control.

VA and now AL. Ominous sign for 2018 and beyond. The GOP is full of morons. I hate all of them.

I totally agree about the GOP...letting victory slip from their hands on a daily basis. Bunch of clowns. Get those lower receivers, etc. while you can.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Trump isn't getting re-elected. Too many big things aren't getting done already. Wall, Obamacare, and now the tax reform is a total joke.

Please point me to wherever you got your crystal ball from. Seriously though, I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for lack of anything getting done. The blame falls squarely in the laps of Ryan and McConnell. These two and their ilk will be responsible if the Dems regain the majority.

And seriously, the Debbie Downer stuff gets real old after a while. What people fail to realize, is the fact that the Dems are getting desperate at this point. Decades old sexual harassment claims are only going to work for so long.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Please point me to wherever you got your crystal ball from. Seriously though, I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for lack of anything getting done. The blame falls squarely in the laps of Ryan and McConnell. These two and their ilk will be responsible if the Dems regain the majority.

And seriously, the Debbie Downer stuff gets real old after a while. What people fail to realize, is the fact that the Dems are getting desperate at this point. Decades old sexual harassment claims are only going to work for so long.

I agree that Ryan and McConnell are mostly to blame, but that doesn't excuse Trump's stupid fighting and Twitter BS that distracts everyone. If instead, he channeled this energy toward rallying public support for conservative legislation, McConnell may have been able to keep his caucus together.

Why shouldn't we be Debbie Downers? The GOP has failed us time and time again. It's now been almost a year since they took complete control. What have they done? Other than confirm Trump's judges, jack diddly squat. No positive changes to end third world immigration or enforce border security have been made. Obamacare is still 100% in place. We've had no positive action on federal gun control laws, even stupid ones like the prohibition against buying handguns out of state. They've appointed his judges. That's it.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

Well, I'm not 100% sure that Jones won't vote for the reciprocity act (I know people in Alabama who know him who say that he is generally pro-guy). It's more that recent poor performance by Republicans is indicating that Democrats can hold firm and filibuster without facing negative consequences in 2018.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Please point me to wherever you got your crystal ball from. Seriously though, I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for lack of anything getting done.

Doesn't matter who is to blame in the game of politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom