• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Today I headed over to Black Anchor to pick up my new Remington 870 Express DM shotgun that I won in the GymRatz raffle upping my total to three 870's.

This one is pretty cool because it's magazine fed. It would be nice if Remington made a drum mag for it, but looks like I'll just be buying another 6 round one since it's all they have. Seems like it would be good for home defense for people who may not want to leave a firearm loaded at all times. Fill up the mag with buckshot, store it with the mag out, and then just pop it in when needed. This is also the only 870 that has come in "real" foam, the other two came in styrofoam. This one I'm probably going to keep the box and foam because it's perfectly cut for every piece and I think I can even fit another mag in where the lock was.

My cabinet is getting pretty full. I'm going to have to rearrange things if I get any more because my little Marlin Model 60SN and my in progress 300 Blackout AR pistol are getting boxed in and won't be easy to get to.

Last edited:

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Very cool! How well does the mag insert loaded?

I haven't loaded the mag yet, but it looks to be super easy to do. The follower on it is basically a flat ramp and looks nothing like a follower in a rifle or pistol magazine. It's very easy to depress with a finger so I don't know if the last round is going to be an annoyance to get in like some of my pistol mags are. Should also mean that it will chamber a shell very easily and quickly.

DSC729

Aug 18, 2012
    Mo County
    I haven't loaded the mag yet, but it looks to be super easy to do. The follower on it is basically a flat ramp and looks nothing like a follower in a rifle or pistol magazine. It's very easy to depress with a finger so I don't know if the last round is going to be an annoyance to get in like some of my pistol mags are. Should also mean that it will chamber a shell very easily and quickly.

Right on! I haven’t had a chance to hold one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom