• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Sorry to see them go but very happy with the deal on my two new shotguns.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Why not go to the ONLY gun store. Scotts, on Thelma Ave, Glen Burnie. Deal with them once, you won't go anywhere else.:)

I'm very fond of Scott and his sales guys and have bought from him...including 2 C&Rs in the last few months. I even have a shotty there for a new recoil pad. However, no high end, clays type shotguns.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It was talked about in another thread that Barts is closing. From talking to an LGS owner that has talked to Jack, he is 77 and no family members want to take over the business. They have been in business for over 50 years. It's a shame as there is no one else I know of that offers their products and services in the Baltimore area. From what I understand, Jack still wants to instruct and is trying to establish a relationship with another dealer. AS far as Clayton Otto goes, he told me he was closing when his FFL ran out. Don't know when that is.
    Otto's is just a small quirky shop as he has a full time job but I still hate to see a friend go out of business. Could never afford to get into the high end shot gun market but did pick up a nice Beretta 20ga. OU field gun from Barts several years ago.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Let me know if you find anything out, looks like the next closest shop would be Albrights in Easton

For what it's worth, the gunsmith at Caesar Guerini also recommended Albright's. It's a bit of a hike but if you are looking for a high end shotgun, it might be worth the ride.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This sucks.

Lucky for me, PG Trap & Skeet can pretty much get any Beretta I want. They also told me they can get me a Guerini, but they do not stock them. It really does suck about Bart's, and the people on here saying that Scott's is just down the road just don't know the difference in inventory and expertise between the two shops.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    both great shops!

i really liked that Barts was open until 9pm, but i don't have any regrets leaving work a little early to make a purchase at Scotts

A&D pawn is right down the road a bit. They have a selection. Not sure how high end it is. They're Class III and good folks. Hopefully Bart's is just changing ownership.

Neither Scotts nor A&D has anything to compare to the Hi end shotguns at Bart's. I remember when they first decided to switch to fine shotguns. When I walked in I just stared in amazement. I thought I had been transported to a hi end NY or London shop not Glen Burnie.

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Sad to see this.
    Back in the day I could buy a box of shotgun shells, or a brick of 22lr while my Mom waited in the car outside. Where else could a 10yr old kid do that.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Neither Scotts nor A&D has anything to compare to the Hi end shotguns at Bart's. I remember when they first decided to switch to fine shotguns. When I walked in I just stared in amazement. I thought I had been transported to a hi end NY or London shop not Glen Burnie.

Scotty might not have the retail customers for highend shotguns, But Scotty is the man you want to work on them.. He is a very talented man.. He has worked on many many high end firearms..

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Scotty might not have the retail customers for highend shotguns, But Scotty is the man you want to work on them.. He is a very talented man.. He has worked on many many high end firearms..

:thumbsup: Ditto! My earlier comments were just about what he tends to carry in stock. I have NO problem having Sharkey work on any of my guns. In fact, he is the smith who put a recoil pad on my Guerini.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Even though Bart's is closing; do they still have a working gunsmith? I have a old C&R Mauser that I need looked at; for a sticking bolt. Will come by today if so....

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    I was in Bart's on Thursday. still has some nice shotguns in stock. lots of 45acp ammo.. and some nice Blazer and C.G. take down cases for $50.00, some Beretta cases for $30.00.

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I was in Bart's on Thursday. still has some nice shotguns in stock. lots of 45acp ammo.. and some nice Blazer and C.G. take down cases for $50.00, some Beretta cases for $30.00.

Thursday, as in a week ago?
    When the final closing date, I wanna stop in before it's too late :ohnoes:

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    the 19th I stopped in..
    a rack full of high dollar shotguns still there and some Beretta semi's and Fabarms semi's still for sale.. lots of vests and stuff like that still.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Even though Bart's is closing; do they still have a working gunsmith? I have a old C&R Mauser that I need looked at; for a sticking bolt. Will come by today if so....

Try Scott's Gunsmithing - Thelma Ave in Glen Burnie just a couple miles from Barts. Scotty is an IP here.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    the 19th I stopped in..
    a rack full of high dollar shotguns still there and some Beretta semi's and Fabarms semi's still for sale.. lots of vests and stuff like that still.

Yep, saw that. Tried to work a deal on an sr9c but they wouldn't budge on the "sale" price which wasn't stellar:shrug:
    I was all excited after hearing blaster's "name your price" deal. Didn't work for me:( the guys were very nice though.

K3LAG

I don't know any details, but one of the guys in the store told me that the shotgun side of the business is going to stay for a while. Perhaps in another location in conjunction with another shop. He said not to expect the shotgun prices to drop because they aren't in a hurry to sell them.

Don't know the validity of that info, so take it for what it's worth.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I don't know any details, but one of the guys in the store told me that the shotgun side of the business is going to stay for a while. Perhaps in another location in conjunction with another shop. He said not to expect the shotgun prices to drop because they aren't in a hurry to sell them.

Don't know the validity of that info, so take it for what it's worth.

For the most part, it's going to be Jack continuing to fit shotguns for people. They were considering looking for a local FFL to handle the actual shotgun transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom