• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilgrim

Yea, wife is trying to steal my SR1911, so maybe I need another 1911. I'm looking at these two pistols. Kimber classic and or Kimber Eclipse 2

kimberclassicstainless-left-sm.jpg

kimberclassicstainless-right-sm.jpg

kimber-eclipseII-left-sm.jpg

kimber-eclipseII-right-sm.jpg

I'm liking the second better.
    I just snapped these with my cell on the coolest background.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Just skip the Kimber . Either spend less and get the same quality or spend just a little more and get a a real nice 1911. Kimbers are over priced for what quality you get. Inside and outside.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Just skip the Kimber . Either spend less and get the same quality or spend just a little more and get a a real nice 1911. Kimbers are over priced for what quality you get. Inside and outside.

Have you owned a Kimber, or just read that on the inter-webs? :sad20:

I paid $990 for my Kimber in 2002/2003 from an Outfitter in Minot, ND. It is still one of my favorite guns. Smooth running, no hiccups, and way more accurate than I am.
    I have the Kimber Eclipse Target II. It looks sic with Carbon Fiber grips on it, although I moved up to the Crimson Carbon Laser grips and am happy, although they don't look as sweet as the real CF on the Eclipse.
    Great gun, no issues, and I love the contrasting finish.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    Kimber makes a nice gun. Logo is queer as a $3 bill. That is the only issue with these guns. :)

My custom classic from the late 90's is still my favorite pistol. And I have a pile of guns.

I sent it back to Kimber to get the plunger tube restaked and they went thru the gun with all new internals, a trigger job and a new pair of Novak sights.

The slide is worn perfectly to the frame and is way tighter than my springer which has a comparable round count.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And didn't recommend anything by name.

Two other guys will pop in shortly and recommend Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat and a few others that are literally 2.5 to 3 times the cost of a production Kimber, I never understand that line of reasoning.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    And didn't recommend anything by name.

you obviously havnt been here very long if you didnt know that mt airy was refering to les baer:innocent0

:D

yeah there are nicer guns out there but youll be just fine with either of those. if it was me id go eclipse:party29:

ghost1981

Aug 1, 2012
    Frederick
    Sounds like you've made up your mind with option(2). I have die hard kimber buddies that preach all the time. If I had the money, I'd get one. Probably the custom II. I really liked the limited SIS.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Sounds like you've made up your mind with option(2). I have die hard kimber buddies that preach all the time. If I had the money, I'd get one. Probably the custom II. I really liked the limited SIS.

Yea, it is hard being around a Kimber fanboy after you fired his Eclipse Target II, isn't it? :lol2:

Sorry buddy I'm just busting your balls.

OP, I own an Eclipse Target II and I love it. You can't go wrong with any Kimber, just get the one that you like the most. FWIW, get the Target, because of the adjustable rear sight. Offer up maybe 1100 for it if is used.

citizen x

Dec 15, 2009
    your momma
    I own the Eclipse and would recommend it, smooth, accurate and a beautiful finish.

Don't like the logo either or the color of the grips that come with it but, I plan on changing the grips once I finnish up with AR build.

Upgade to the Kimpro mags, I bought mine (Gun and Mags) from Christian Soldier and got a hell of a deal.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    you obviously havnt been here very long if you didnt know that mt airy was refering to les baer:innocent0

:D

yeah there are nicer guns out there but youll be just fine with either of those. if it was me id go eclipse:party29:

Two other guys will pop in shortly and recommend Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat and a few others that are literally 2.5 to 3 times the cost of a production Kimber, I never understand that line of reasoning.
    Well the gang is all here the fanboys and there koolaid. Just because you spent the money on it lets get others to do the same join the club. NOT !! As far as a Les Baer I really doubt that the "Kimber boys " could really know the difference in the two. Just keep living in that cloud and belive everything that Kimber puts out in every magazine that you pick up. I give one thing to Kimber they sure do spend on there brain washing - No i mean advertizing

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    actually if the fanboys would have read my post I was saying to spend a little less and get the same quality like a ruger ,remington or a colt. Than I said spend a little more and get a nice 1911 like a Dan Wesson. No I did name names. and no ware did I say anything about Bear,Brown or Wilson.

Yes I have shot and do shoot with guys that have KImbers all the time they are not terrible just over priced for the quality you get . They will shoot descent groups. But they are not really a "top pistol" like Kimber wants you to believe. Yes you can do a hell a a lot worse than a kimber and NO I will not stirr that up in here.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Well the gang is all here the fanboys and there koolaid. Just because you spent the money on it lets get others to do the same join the club. NOT !! As far as a Les Baer I really doubt that the "Kimber boys " could really know the difference in the two. Just keep living in that cloud and belive everything that Kimber puts out in every magazine that you pick up. I give one thing to Kimber they sure do spend on there brain washing - No i mean advertizing

actually if the fanboys would have read my post I was saying to spend a little less and get the same quality like a ruger ,remington or a colt. Than I said spend a little more and get a nice 1911 like a Dan Wesson. No I did name names. and no ware did I say anything about Bear,Brown or Wilson.

Yes I have shot and do shoot with guys that have KImbers all the time they are not terrible just over priced for the quality you get . They will shoot descent groups. But they are not really a "top pistol" like Kimber wants you to believe. Yes you can do a hell a a lot worse than a kimber and NO I will not stirr that up in here.

haters+gonna+hate.jpg

Sorry buddy, just busting your balls a bit with this.

FWIW, I have shot a Les Baer, a Dan Wesson, Wilson Combat, and Nighthawk custom. I still prefer my Kimber over all of them. For some reason the Kimber feels better in my hands. Everybody has their own opinion and as such I respect yours. But c'mon guy, don't we all love our 1911's as much as the next guy, no matter who the manufacturer of the 1911 is?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Well, I really like the kimber logo. Beats old plain block type by a mile.

I like the target II just for the two-tone feature. Its REALLY sharp in person. We liked it so much, I bought one for my dad for christmas two yrs ago. Same price as a colt gold cup. Only Kimber in the family (so far.) I'd buy one again.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    I feel bad for Kimber, they are the only pistols left at bass pro. People are actually going: "Do I buy this Kimber in the case or nothing? Eh. I rather have nothing" :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    MtAiryBiker is correct. Much better options for the PRICE. He listed great alternatives.

As far as a Kimber feeling "better" in the hand than a Baer. LOL. Same frame. Only difference is checkering and the Grip Pannels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom