• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    My sample of exactly one PSA product has been fine. It's an FN barrel, so you'd hope they couldn't screw that up.

KYtoMD

Mar 23, 2017
    MD
    have you tried an adjustable gas block? The PSA AR10s are said to be very overgassed out of the box

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    have you tried an adjustable gas block? The PSA AR10s are said to be very overgassed out of the box

AR10's are by their very nature are over gassed, due to the non-milspec nature of the platform and multiple ammo types.

FTF can be cause by gas issues, but also mags, feed ramps, chamber issues, buffer spring issues, etc...

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Ask Lord Chad about his feelings on PSA stuff...

Yes I know he is well respected on this forum and his opinions carry a lot of weight. I'm just saying I've shot the hell out of PSA AR 15's, AR 9's, and AR 10's, and all have been fine. PSA probably sells as many AR's and parts as anyone else and maybe more. They have a bunch of retail stores and are growing. This wouldn't happen if all they sold was junk. Considering the volume of of items they sell, I'm not surprised that some crap doesn't get through. I realize it's not top of the line stuff but from my limited experience it's ok. Most of us aren't going into combat with these guns.

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yes I know he is well respected on this forum and his opinions carry a lot of weight. I'm just saying I've shot the hell out of PSA AR 15's, AR 9's, and AR 10's, and all have been fine. PSA probably sells as many AR's and parts as anyone else and maybe more. They have a bunch of retail stores and are growing. This wouldn't happen if all they sold was junk. Considering the volume of of items they sell, I'm not surprised that some crap doesn't get through. I realize it's not top of the line stuff but from my limited experience it's ok. Most of us aren't going into combat with these guns.

So you are essentially say that you are ok with incorrect headspace, out of spec bolts, bad barrels, and all the other issues, I have personally seen from PSA, because we are not going into combat? Well ok then. Knock yourself out.

I'll keep building them, so I can ensure things are within spec, and the AR will perform how it is supposed to.

EDIT:
    Taking a shot like that at the resident GS, isn't really a smart thing to do, I learned that lesson a long time ago. The man knows AR's and is very open with his findings, if you were to ask.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I hope the guys that love PSA are at least checking headspace. "Luck" is not much of a plan.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    It might have only been the Promags. They still dont work. The S&W and pmags were flawless. It may be over gassed cases are going 2 o'clock, but thats better then hitting the guy next to you.
    Mag Warehouse sent a rma so the Promags are going back.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It might have only been the Promags. They still dont work. The S&W and pmags were flawless. It may be over gassed cases are going 2 o'clock, but thats better then hitting the guy next to you.

Depending on the ammo, that is normal. On the AR-15, XM193 and M855 generally eject to the 1:30-2 O'Clock position.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018

Depending on the ammo, that is normal. On the AR-15, XM193 and M855 generally eject to the 1:30-2 O'Clock position.

Thanks,it was surplus Aussie

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ahhh. I skipped over a whole page then just ran by the arguing and bashing which weren't helping you any.
    Glad it worked out.

I do my best to make myself available to help people fix problem AR's. I don't see my posts as bashing, I am blunt about sharing my experience working on a LOT of AR's. Many of the people I have have helped have sent back their AR to the manufacturers. Some get no paperwork or comments on what was done. Some get back used barrels and BCG's as replacements, and many still have issues.

Anyone who has dealt with me knows I'm not a brand snob, and I put few companies on a pedestal.

Budget AR's can be made reliable if they are built the right way, sadly many are not.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I do my best to make myself available to help people fix problem AR's. I don't see my posts as bashing, I am blunt about sharing my experience working on a LOT of AR's. Many of the people I have have helped have sent back their AR to the manufacturers. Some get no paperwork or comments on what was done. Some get back used barrels and BCG's as replacements, and many still have issues.

Anyone who has dealt with me knows I'm not a brand snob, and I out few companies on a pedestal.

Budget AR's can be made reliable if they are built the right way, sadly many are not.

You stay the way you are. We don't need no PC crap when it comes to gunsmithing and the like. You tell it like it is and for those who get their panties in a wad, they can go elsewhere to get their firearm working properly. I for one like to hear the TRUTH.

I've never taken any of the courses you offer, but I wouldn't hesitate to send you a firearm that I can't get working. Thankfully, I've been just good enough to keep all of mine working as intended. You've proven yourself to be a great benefit to this forum. Keep up the good work!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    You stay the way you are. We don't need no PC crap when it comes to gunsmithing and the like. You tell it like it is and for those who get their panties in a wad, they can go elsewhere to get their firearm working properly. I for one like to hear the TRUTH.

I've never taken any of the courses you offer, but I wouldn't hesitate to send you a firearm that I can't get working. Thankfully, I've been just good enough to keep all of mine working as intended. You've proven yourself to be a great benefit to this forum. Keep up the good work!

agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom