• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I don't often comment, mostly because y'all have a far better grasp of the issues than I do.

But, can someone tell me why the state of Maryland wants to pass a law that at least on the surface makes it easier to set up, and deprive innocent minorities, mostly males of their right to legally possess a firearm?

The potential for abuse makes Stop and Frisk seem like an affirmation of civil rights.

Answer is embedded in the question. Standard philosophy for 2/3 of Maryland legiscritters, especially those named Mike and Mike.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Crew of 5 to get things started this morning.

Jimboy, me, Eruby and Pbharvey with Deep Lirker snapping this picture.

Parttimer has just joined us as we get ready for the next crossing, which is the House starting at 11:30am

Attachments

• 68F7EB94-F100-4279-A6A5-875D50710319.jpg
      68F7EB94-F100-4279-A6A5-875D50710319.jpg
      147 KB · Views: 344

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We had a quick conversation with Senate Judicial Proceedings committee Chairman Bobby Zirkin about who is on the Senate Committee that is meeting the House on the RED FLAG bill reconciliation.

He shook his head and said he’s hearing the House “will recede”, meaning the RED FLAG would be on a fast track to a vote in the House or Senate, with up or down vote.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    We had a quick conversation with Senate Judicial Proceedings committee Chairman Bobby Zirkin about who is on the Senate Committee that is meeting the House on the RED FLAG bill reconciliation.

He shook his head and said he’s hearing the House “will recede”, meaning the RED FLAG would be on a fast track to a vote in the House or Senate, with up or down vote.

Meaning the house will "go along" with the Senate version I am assuming?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Dumais must be livid. All the vitriol and malice that went into her customized draft of the bill is going to need to be vented elsewhere now. I wouldn't want to be a puppy in her path for the next few days.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

The House will recede!? They must be getting desperate.

rob b

c@r collecting

that's not good is it ?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Or: HB1302 makes a suspect class out of all gun owners and the Leftist gun grabbing idiots who drafted this malicious bill see it as a positive.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    My email to Gov. Hogan just now:

"Governor Hogan, as the House and Senate come together to work on a reconciliation of the Extreme Risk Prevention Order Bill, I ask that you veto any version that you may receive on your desk. This bill removes due process from the equation when stripping away someone's constitutional right. There is no difference between this or placing someone into custody. If there is not enough evidence to remove the person, there can't be enough evidence to strip someone's rights away. I urge you to veto ANY version of this bill!"

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    that's not good is it ?

The Senate/House conference on RED FLAG could have gotten bogged down, with ultimate passage threatened.

There is still the chance that the calendar (folder) with the bill gets “buried”. More likely to happen in the Senate, where Miller could be concerned that this law would be a troublesome issue come election time.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We now expect a “red on Red” vote today, meaning a NO vote now that Republicans are unified against the RED FLAG bill.

You can see that Delegates Impallaria and Miller are with us all the way.

Attachments

• 205CE563-F7D7-4C43-954E-41212335EB54.jpg
      205CE563-F7D7-4C43-954E-41212335EB54.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 299

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Evan in Klausmeier's office offers no clarification on where the Senator stands on this bill. She's somewhat vulnerable and could use an education on the matter, and a reminder that she's dead to me.

SW686

MDS Supporter
    Jul 25, 2012
    I called and emailed my delegate to urge him to vote against this abomination. I also emailed the governor, urging him to veto the bill should it reach his desk.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Got my wife to read some of this analysis, and her first instincts were that the descriptions of the Red Flag bill must be, surely, hyperbolic over-reacting. So she did her homework and went from "this sounds like something out of The Onion" to "this sounds like something out of Orwell" and just went off to write some only-barely-polite fire breathing notes to our useless District 16 reps and senator. Not because she thought they would wake up and become honest and rational on this, but because she wanted to be on the record opposing this affront. This isn't my wife's normal area of activity. But she's seriously pissed. Thanks to all who have labored to distill the issue down to the considerations that really show this thing for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom