• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I got a call from an extended family memeber a couple weeks back asking if I wanted a box of old reloading stuff from one of their deceased relatives. Apparently they had grabbed this box o’ stuff when they cleaned out the relative’s house. Now they’re selling their house and downsizing.

In the big box there was a Lee Loader for .45 auto (still in the box and complete), .45 cast bullets, pistol primers and .45 bullet casting stuff and a weird small metal box of random stuff. Fast forward a couple of weeks until I get to go through the stuff in detail and this is what I find in the weird metal box.

I’m sure that it’s all common stuff but it was a cool find to me. Unfortunately there is no M1 to go with it. Apparently that was sold by the relative years ago.

Attachments

• 0E123CAA-DCCA-45EA-A161-0596157D0D8A.jpg
      0E123CAA-DCCA-45EA-A161-0596157D0D8A.jpg
      104 KB · Views: 543

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Huh. If I knew you had the wrench earlier I would have tried to pry it off ya'. Well, the rest are cool old cleaning supplies so nice grab.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    There are a couple of things I don't recognize. One is the right angle silver looking thing, the pivot do-dad next to it and the five items left of the gas plug. I have the combo chamber tool but I'll google on how how to use it.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    There are a couple of things I don't recognize. One is the right angle silver looking thing, the pivot do-dad next to it and the five items left of the gas plug. I have the combo chamber tool but I'll google on how how to use it.

Right angle thing is a tool for putting in m1 carbine trigger springs. The pivot thing next to it is a tool to take apart the bolt. I think the 5 things are bore viewers

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    It's the pivot thing at the 4 o'clock position of the silver thing trigger spring tool I don't know. I did find info on the M3a1 combo tool.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Actually, didn't realize one was a carbine bolt tool and spring insertion tool. I'd kindly relieve you of it if you don't need it. Trying to get a full tool set for my carbine. I admit to loving gun smithing with older firearms (even though I'm just an amateur...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom