• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey, CMP proof. Is a Maryland Hunter's education card fine? I know it says that a hunter's education course with live fire covers the shooting requirement for CMP, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't need to send anything else in to prove MD has a live fire requirement.

I have a scan of my birth certificate, M1 collectors club membership card and hunter's education card on a single printed page. That should cover it, right?

I am as nervous as my first middle school dance with this one. :-)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Hey, CMP proof. Is a Maryland Hunter's education card fine? I know it says that a hunter's education course with live fire covers the shooting requirement for CMP, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't need to send anything else in to prove MD has a live fire requirement.

I have a scan of my birth certificate, M1 collectors club membership card and hunter's education card on a single printed page. That should cover it, right?

I am as nervous as my first middle school dance with this one. :-)

I am sure you aren't the first person from Maryland to use a Hunter Safety card. Don't worry they will contact you if they need more information. Go ahead and get your paperwork notarized and send it in. If you think this is nervous time just wait until you get your DBU and you start waiting for your rifle.:D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Lazarus, why do you keep asking these questions?
    If you really need to know about something like this, just call CMP customer service and ask them. They are very polite, friendly southern ladies, not at all scary.

This is simple. If you want a Garand, there is no reason not to have your order on the mail Monday evening, and that's allowing for a phone call Monday.

But I don't think you need to call at all. I thought you were good to go a month ago. Then I thought you were ready a week ago.

You are ready. Just put the forms in an envelope snd mail whatever you have now. Today. This afternoon.

Just mail it.

If they have any questipn, if they need anything else, a very friendly, polite Southern Lady will give you a phone call to clear it up. I doubt that will be necessary .

If you change yout mind, you can call and cancel the order. I have done that myself.

If you don't like the rifle you get, someone here will pay you $750 cash immediately, or you can hold out for a little more.

Do it.

You are ready now. Today is the day for action.

Just post pictures of your rifle when you get it.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    In the mail today. A long process for me. Not just confirming requirements (I appreciate the answers here. Hard to step away from my desk at work to make a call to them and not the work environment I can call to ask about requirements).

Also had to work through/around my wife. If a purchase or two sneaks it’s way in to my safe, well it is what it is. A rifle showing up at the door is a little obvious.

Then had to join M1 collectors club, which took a few weeks to get my card back. Then needed to get it notarized and I kind of wanted my buddy to do it. That took a few days.

But done and mailed. One RM1SERVICE “good shooter” coming right up. Eventually.

Now I don’t know what I am anticipating more, having a Garand in hand or my C&R in hand (trick question, both!)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Yes, an Appleseed would be a great way to do it!

Good on you, Lazarus. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Did you explain to SWMBO that your Garand will absolutely increase in value? It may or may not beat inflation, but you can sell it for more than $750 on the day you receive it. You can't do that with electronics or clothes or cars or bananas. (Bananas are NOT a good investment. )

You also can have FedEx shipments held at a FedEx facility, and pick them up there. This is handy if you can't be home when your Garand arrives, or if you decide it's easier to bring your rifle in the back door while your wife's in the shower, after she blew the budget on shoes and bananas.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nah. I did explain it is my 35th in a few weeks and I wanted something special for it. That and waiting just means it is absolutely going to get more expensive. Unless I fall on super hard times the three guns I’d likely never sell are my Sako .308, M1 Carbine and the M1 Garand I am getting (unless for some reason it ends up proving to be a rattle trap or something).

If my finances are good I may get an FG next year. A beater Garand that shoots okay for hunting and stuff would be nice. I don’t need a collectors piece for the other one (my carbine sure as hell isnt!), but I’d like one to be in decent shape.

hotdog

Dec 8, 2014
    Harford County
    Finally, this rifle found a new home. It was delivered today
    419be01aa50b381bf3d5fb0cc4d4ea1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    In the mail today. A long process for me. Not just confirming requirements (I appreciate the answers here. Hard to step away from my desk at work to make a call to them and not the work environment I can call to ask about requirements).

Also had to work through/around my wife. If a purchase or two sneaks it’s way in to my safe, well it is what it is. A rifle showing up at the door is a little obvious.

Then had to join M1 collectors club, which took a few weeks to get my card back. Then needed to get it notarized and I kind of wanted my buddy to do it. That took a few days.

But done and mailed. One RM1SERVICE “good shooter” coming right up. Eventually.

Now I don’t know what I am anticipating more, having a Garand in hand or my C&R in hand (trick question, both!)

https://youtu.be/Q-uUdIRKfQY

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Today you have become a man.

What if all I have an M1 carbine :(

18 days since mailing my order. No word yet. No, no. I am not anxiously checking my email three times a day waiting for a “DBU email”.

Or running to my mailbox everyday, to look for my C&R license I applied for almost 6 weeks ago.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Call CMP customer service to confirm they got your mailing. They are extremely nice people there and will be able to let you know they got you order. Good luck.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Call CMP customer service to confirm they got your mailing. They are extremely nice people there and will be able to let you know they got you order. Good luck.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about it. Less that I want a Garand in hand now as much as it is a little anxiety that it got lost in the mail or I somehow accidentally addressed it to the wrong address or something.

hotdog

Dec 8, 2014
    Harford County
    What if all I have an M1 carbine :(

18 days since mailing my order. No word yet. No, no. I am not anxiously checking my email three times a day waiting for a “DBU email”.

Or running to my mailbox everyday, to look for my C&R license I applied for almost 6 weeks ago.

I mailed out my application on 2/22 and got DBU on 3/14.

As firemanyz said, CMP’s customer service are super nice. You may call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    CMP usually sends out a notice called the dbu (don't bug us) email that lets you know they received your order. Normally comes in less than 10-20 business days from you sending your order. Wait for it. Every call slows down processing of orders....

Waiting and not knowing is a key milestone of the CMP ordering process. Revel in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom