• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Went there for the first time last night. It's da bomb! Food is excellent, service is great and the prices are fantastic. I was very impressed!!

I had the Chori Pollo which was excellent. It's some sort of chicken and sausage dish.

I'm on a rigid diet and can only eat good food once a week. It was a risk using my one cheat meal on a new place but it paid off!

http://www.losaztecasmd.com

Attachments

• IMG_7952.jpg
      IMG_7952.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 1,020

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Been there 3 times now and the whole family loves it! Gotta get there early on a weekday evening, its gets crowded quick. I'm as big of a taco whore as anyone and I think they make the best.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I've seen the place up there. Might have to surprise my wife one day with a dinner there. It has been a while since we have had good Mexican food. Thanks for the review.

Any chance you, or anybody else here, has tried the sushi place in Eldersburg. It is just east of Aztecas. I'd like some opinions on it too. Believe it across route 26 from Arbys.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    j&y sushi. it's very good.

That would be the place. I knew it was two letters, but I was debating on what they were. Thanks

Might be between that and Azteca for the next date night. The sushi place we really liked off of St. John's Lane has been closed for a while. The new place at the new shopping center at Centennial Lane/Bethany Lane is pretty decent. We have been there twice. Went to the one by Harris Teeter a couple years ago for our anniversary and left disappointed.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    That would be the place. I knew it was two letters, but I was debating on what they were. Thanks

Might be between that and Azteca for the next date night. The sushi place we really liked off of St. John's Lane has been closed for a while. The new place at the new shopping center at Centennial Lane/Bethany Lane is pretty decent. We have been there twice. Went to the one by Harris Teeter a couple years ago for our anniversary and left disappointed.

Los compadres in the Waverly shopping center near the weis is frigging amazing! tell Rommel " the corona guy" sent you. really good Mexican food great service too!

mdbassplayer

Feb 1, 2017
    Only mexican restaurant my whole family will happily eat at. My wife is very picky and loves it. Its usually pretty busy which is a good sign - hopefully it lasts unlike all the other mexican restaurants in the area.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Went there for the first time last night. It's da bomb! Food is excellent, service is great and the prices are fantastic. I was very impressed!!

I had the Chori Pollo which was excellent. It's some sort of chicken and sausage dish.

You must be my long-lost twin brother, because I was there last night and had the Chori Pollo too. Unfortunately, mine was cold. :sad20:

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore

J&Y is one of the better sushi places in Maryland. I regularly drive up there from the Baltimore area, passing tons of other sushi shops.

I've been to Azteca once, right after they opened. They sat us in a corner booth and promptly forgot about us :lol2: took us about 30 minutes to put a food order in at 4:30 on a weekday. Compared to Los Portales (my gold standard) it was similar in taste but a touch more expensive. Apart from the service experience I would recommend giving it a shot.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    j&y sushi. it's very good.

I keep wanting to try that place. My wife, without ever setting foot in there but just looking at the building, has re-named it "Diarrhea Dragon" and refuses to set foot there. :rolleyes:

Also Sushi, in general not talking about J&Y here, is really expensive and you get virtually nothing. Its practically criminal even though the three bites you get taste really good. I went to lunch at Asian Fusion in Columbia with a co-worker recently, never going there again. WAY too expensive for WAY too little food.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Been there 3 times now and the whole family loves it! Gotta get there early on a weekday evening, its gets crowded quick. I'm as big of a taco whore as anyone and I think they make the best.

Yes, it did seem to get busy fast. We had to wait a few mins and we got there shortly after 5pm. The wait is prolly nuts at 6 or 7pm.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I keep wanting to try that place. My wife, without ever setting foot in there but just looking at the building, has re-named it "Diarrhea Dragon" and refuses to set foot there. :rolleyes:

Also Sushi, in general not talking about J&Y here, is really expensive and you get virtually nothing. Its practically criminal even though the three bites you get taste really good. I went to lunch at Asian Fusion in Columbia with a co-worker recently, never going there again. WAY too expensive for WAY too little food.

J&Y is considered "reasonable" price wise. But raw fish is raw fish. If your wife doesn't like the idea of it, hard to convince her otherwise. I thought the idea was crazy back in the day, why would anyone every do that?. Then I tried it. Yum.

Does she eat fish otherwise? (cooked?)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    J&Y is considered "reasonable" price wise. But raw fish is raw fish. If your wife doesn't like the idea of it, hard to convince her otherwise. I thought the idea was crazy back in the day, why would anyone every do that?. Then I tried it. Yum.

Does she eat fish otherwise? (cooked?)

Its not so much raw fish that she has a problem with, I guess the building looks a little too run down to her. I guess she is expecting Walter White's Meth lab in terms of cleanliness.

A couple of sushi places in Columbia are "all you eat" but they only bring you a few rolls at a time and it takes 10 mins or so to get more rolls. Turns out to be a terrible deal. I wish they had a buffet, I could HOUSE some sushi then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom