• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    unmolested ar15 parts

I love this... you mean other than that big ole cocking knob you have on the side of the bolt carrier??? :)

Also we know there has to be pretty significant change to either the bolt or fire control group. IMHO, major changes to the fire control group is a no-go. If you can't switch out uppers... its just not a good design idea. Now maybe that is a must but....

attachment.php

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I love this... you mean other than that big ole cocking knob you have on the side of the bolt carrier??? :)

Also we know there has to be pretty significant change to either the bolt or fire control group. IMHO, major changes to the fire control group is a no-go. If you can't switch out uppers... its just not a good design idea. Now maybe that is a must but....

attachment.php

And I was ready to sell my M16 and pick up an M11! I guess that I'll wait to see what happens. :D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They recently test-fired the prototype, and the results were pretty excellent (for a prototype). They've got some refining to do, but it looks like this thing is going to work:
    http://max-11.com/M1115 Status.html

I have not heard about any changes to the FCG - you'll need to drill a hole through the back of the gun for the recoil system, but that's such a common conversion that I doubt it's going to impact resale value much. If it can pass BATFE approval, it'll sell like hotcakes - I know I'll certainly be in for one. Only thing that could make it better would be a belt-fed version. :)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    They recently test-fired the prototype, and the results were pretty excellent (for a prototype). They've got some refining to do, but it looks like this thing is going to work:
    http://max-11.com/M1115 Status.html

I have not heard about any changes to the FCG - you'll need to drill a hole through the back of the gun for the recoil system, but that's such a common conversion that I doubt it's going to impact resale value much. If it can pass BATFE approval, it'll sell like hotcakes - I know I'll certainly be in for one. Only thing that could make it better would be a belt-fed version. :)

After seeing pictures, I really like most of it. I don't like the hole in the back of the receiver but not a deal breaker. Probably needed to get past ATF...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    After seeing pictures, I really like most of it. I don't like the hole in the back of the receiver but not a deal breaker. Probably needed to get past ATF...
    I think I read that Lage has a design improvement that would put the recoil system inside the gun, too, but he wants to get the original design approved first before he tries that method with the BATFE. Seems like a sensible approach.

There's just so much to love about this design - it's simple, the action is proven, and it's mostly using standard unaltered AR-15 parts. While it's a little soon for pricing, I wouldn't be at all shocked if this thing was well under a thousand bucks. Most of the work is going to be in manufacturing the shell to put everything else in, past that it's just a few easily-machined parts and $200-$300 of BCG and barrel.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I think I read that Lage has a design improvement that would put the recoil system inside the gun, too, but he wants to get the original design approved first before he tries that method with the BATFE. Seems like a sensible approach.

Yeah... until he drawings attention to the issue with the design being resubmitted... Sometimes I think ATF over looks things and this internal recoil spring is a big issue I think they have overlooked several times. So resubmitting with that design change draws attention.

There's just so much to love about this design - it's simple, the action is proven, and it's mostly using standard unaltered AR-15 parts. While it's a little soon for pricing, I wouldn't be at all shocked if this thing was well under a thousand bucks. Most of the work is going to be in manufacturing the shell to put everything else in, past that it's just a few easily-machined parts and $200-$300 of BCG and barrel.

Lage is great but not cheap. I think he will price per the market and I see it around $1.5k myself, maybe more. It will depend on just how good it gets.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Obviously won't be better than an m16, but should give a nice bump in my value to the m11/9 and I'll probably pick one up eventually.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Lage is great but not cheap. I think he will price per the market and I see it around $1.5k myself, maybe more. It will depend on just how good it gets.
    If it were his design, sure, but it's someone else's. That might put a bit of a crimp in his willingness to charge tons of money. I'd also argue that there's not as much of a market for a $1500 upper... AA had trouble selling the SABRE with that kind of pricing.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'm also thinking $1500. From what I remember the Sabre was over $2K but I think it didn't sell well because it sucked.

The Sabre was:
    Over $2K
    Heavy as hell
    Proprietary parts by a company with a horrible reputation
    Inaccurate

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I'm also thinking $1500. From what I remember the Sabre was over $2K but I think it didn't sell well because it sucked.

The Sabre was:
    Over $2K
    Heavy as hell
    Proprietary parts by a company with a horrible reputation
    Inaccurate

I've seen more Alliance Sabre's for sale in the past week than the past 2 years. :) There are 2 on Subguns right now. $2400 & $2600. People want to get out of that unsupported platform before a LAGE product comes to market.

Off Topic:
    I had an Alliance AMP10. It was very reliable, fun to shoot, and ate any ammo that it was fed. That said, it was also heavy and long. Sold it a while back. The upcoming LAGE counterpart for the M10 (Max10/31) will be a lighter smaller improvement. The only drawback of the Max/31 platform over the AMP10 was that the AMP10 would also accept 36rd stick Suomi mags. They are Great, and easy to load, mags!

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I've seen more Alliance Sabre's for sale in the past week than the past 2 years. :) There are 2 on Subguns right now. $2400 & $2600. People want to get out of that unsupported platform before a LAGE product comes to market.

Off Topic:
    I had an Alliance AMP10. It was very reliable, fun to shoot, and ate any ammo that it was fed. That said, it was also heavy and long. Sold it a while back. The upcoming LAGE counterpart for the M10 (Max10/31) will be a lighter smaller improvement. The only drawback of the Max/31 platform over the AMP10 was that the AMP10 would also accept 36rd stick Suomi mags. They are Great, and easy to load, mags!

Yep time to bail on those is now, but might be too late...

Lage uppers were better in just about every way, although we already have 5.56 FA covered anyways.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Now if only someone would come up with a .223/.556 belted upper for the m9/ 11 ;-)

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    As someone who owns a Mac10 SABRE who would be willing to dump it before the LAGE uppers come out, anyone think Vegas will affect the approval?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom