Southern MD
    "COME AND GET THEM GUN GRABBERS. Bring guns."

Attachments

• 2ndamendment.jpg
      2ndamendment.jpg
      114.3 KB · Views: 1,181

Money_B_85

Mar 30, 2017
    37 states would need to support it even if it passes the House and Senate. Meaning 14 states would have to oppose it and the repeal dies. Opposing states...Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Montana, Idaho, Missouri, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, West Virginia, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Texas....I haven’t even gotten to purple states like Pennsylvania and Virginia...Publicity stunt

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Tag something to the amendment that requires Congressional pay raises to take effect 2 elections later. (look up how long it took to ratify the 27th amendment)

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I think only 13 states need to reject the amendment, not 14. Three quarters of 50 is 37.5. You round up to 38, since 37 would be less than 75%. That leaves 13. But that's just math as I learned it in WV public schools. :lol:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    WILL NOT COMPLY!!

I swear, like the American Civil War 2 thread pointed out: it seems like it will take a bloodbath for these morons to figure it out.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'll take this as a GOOD thing. Because it means they're shifting away from the "all you gun nuts are mis-interpreting the 2A" over to "you're right what it means, and we don't like it, so we want it to go away." That's a victory, as far as I'm concerned.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Fat chance. They would likely have a better shot at seceding. Maybe they can do that and take CA with them to form Utopia.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    I'll take this as a GOOD thing. Because it means they're shifting away from the "all you gun nuts are mis-interpreting the 2A" over to "you're right what it means, and we don't like it, so we want it to go away." That's a victory, as far as I'm concerned.

Good point.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    At least they are being honest about their intent, not like all the others that say “ I believe in the 2nd Amendment but . . .”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    i think this ties in with the young case, to some extent, that wolfwood is running. yeah, young is on hold, but i think they see that even if they get an en banc victory, complete denial of any form of carry will get killed by scotus. MAYBE??

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    i think this ties in with the young case, to some extent, that wolfwood is running. yeah, young is on hold, but i think they see that even if they get an en banc victory, complete denial of any form of carry will get killed by scotus. MAYBE??

Nah, I think this is just virtue signaling. They know perfectly well what it takes to fundamentally change the Bill of Rights, and that they'll never get 37 states to agree with them. Hell, we've got that many states and more that are shall-issue for carry. Think they're going to agree to stop protecting themselves from government infringement on their right to self defense? Not going to happen. So, this is all just pandering to Pacific Progressives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom