• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I could sure use some more milk crates if they are available. ;) Pm me if you get a chance

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Call for a man with a gun beating people with a glock. We find the guy matching the look-out and sure enough he has a G22 in his waistband. Guy could not have been more agreeable about the situation. Showed us his CCW permit and his property was quickly returned to him after an investigation revealed he had committed no crime. He was advised of the whole story you guys are only getting part and he was quite a nice/understanding guy. It was a total learning experience for the shift. 15-20 officers got to see a real CCW permit for the first time!!!!!

The guy responded in a manner that made us comfortable and we did the same. All in all an annoyance for him but it had to be done but a great experience on both sides. Kind of cool to actually see one in person.

Ok, great story. Now, who pays for making a false police report? Surely dispatch has the number that called in the "complaint".

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Good news story thanks.

Highly likely the CCW carrier is a member here, or another progun forum. No pressure, but look forward to hearing his story someday.

I recently met a fellow with a NYC carry permit, at a buddies party. Unicorns do exist apparently.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Good news story thanks.

Highly likely the CCW carrier is a member here, or another progun forum. No pressure, but look forward to hearing his story someday.

I recently met a fellow with a NYC carry permit, at a buddies party. Unicorns do exist apparently.

How much did the fellow you met have to bribe the NYPD for his permit?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have had two encounters with VA LEO's in the past 4 years while driving. I informed them I was CCW and asked how they wanted to proceed.

i didn't get shot.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I have had two encounters with VA LEO's in the past 4 years while driving. I informed them I was CCW and asked how they wanted to proceed.

i didn't get shot.

same here with wv and va (although i didn't inform but responded if and when asked). in fact the one va guy scolded me for NOT having my carry piece on me.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

i didn't get shot.

I make sure that my hands are in plain sight first and foremost. An LEO doesn't know what's in your mind but as long as he/she can see your hands, and you don't make any threatening moves, the rest can be worked out. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Call for a man with a gun beating people with a glock. We find the guy matching the look-out and sure enough he has a G22 in his waistband. Guy could not have been more agreeable about the situation. Showed us his CCW permit and his property was quickly returned to him after an investigation revealed he had committed no crime. He was advised of the whole story you guys are only getting part and he was quite a nice/understanding guy. It was a total learning experience for the shift. 15-20 officers got to see a real CCW permit for the first time!!!!!

The guy responded in a manner that made us comfortable and we did the same. All in all an annoyance for him but it had to be done but a great experience on both sides. Kind of cool to actually see one in person.

Any idea of the percentage of officers in DC are aware that conceal carry licenses are issued in DC? Does the department issue notices to the men and women of the department? As a DC permit holder it's crossed my mind if by some chance I was stopped would the officer be aware that DC does issue? (sparingly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom