• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    15 more reasons not to go to DC and I didn't even need another one.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    :mad54: Any speed camera that tickets for 1mph over the posted speed is positively MORONIC. People will now have to knowingly drive 5-10mph under the limit just to keep from accidentally going 1mph over down a hill or just due to road undulations and pedal pressure variance...even if they are using cruise control. Yay more traffic! Yet another gubmint money grab that politricksters and other "beautiful people" will likely be exempted from having to pay even though they can actually afford it. One should be able to go at least 5mph over the limit w/o any camera being tripped.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    What I love about DC driving is that there is a combination of speed and red light cameras, and pedestrians having the right of way right in the middle of them.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Man does DC love their speed/red light cameras. The only thing that pisses the public off more then an officer with a ticket book, are those damn cameras.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    There appears to be a new one in DC on Southbound 295 just past the 395/695 entrance ramp.

Andrew White

Mar 13, 2013
    SoMD
    Christ...I don't bother going to D.C. unless the Bruins are in town playing the Caps and both times last season got nabbed by cameras. Eff D.C.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Mother of God. 1mph over fines? :crazy:
    A fine of up to $300? :whoa:

That's the way to keep everyone who doesn't need to be there out...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If you have to drive through there, just play along. No matter the posted speed limit, drive at least 10-15mph below it. Before long, the cameras will be gone or reprogrammed due to the city grinding to a halt and tens of thousands of complaints from angry residents.

Andrew White

Mar 13, 2013
    SoMD
    That's one of reasons why I park at Shady Grove and take the metro in for Caps games. No parking fees or tickets plus it also allows me extra time to sober up after enjoying celebratory beers.

I would take the Metro in...but that means parking at Branch Ave. No big deal, except by the time I get back to Branch Ave I have to take my life in hand (and that of wife/kid) as I make my way to my car...which may or may not be there...'06 Hemi Charger, figure the odds.

DC sucks balls. Think I'll just move out to Montana.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have to go to DC unfortunately. There is an app for that. I use one called Trapster that is good at pointing out camera's and radar set ups. Better than nothing, or I could just drive the speed limit.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    If you have to drive through there, just play along. No matter the posted speed limit, drive at least 10-15mph below it. Before long, the cameras will be gone or reprogrammed due to the city grinding to a halt and tens of thousands of complaints from angry residents.

I think this is a great response ....

It is what they must be seeking out, no? A total grind, as vehicles saunter over streets. It would cause so much back up the only solution would be to lift the restrictions.

Or make cameras that cite for going to slow... BRB going to patent the un speed camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom