Any C&R New Years Resolutions out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Every time I look at this thread, I expect Mawkie to post about looking for something absurd like an original as-issued German 88mm gun, because we all know he could track one down in pristine condition and nab it for under book value.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Given enough time I'll find my Krupp 8.8cm and perhaps one mounted in a Sd. Kfz 182 for added value. Maybe if you're nice to me I'll let you ride in it!

Attachments

• the-tank-museum.jpg
      the-tank-museum.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 107

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Given enough time I'll find my Krupp 8.8cm and perhaps one mounted in a Sd. Kfz 182 for added value. Maybe if you're nice to me I'll let you ride in it!

You need two.

I have checked most of the items off my list, still wouldn't mind stumbling on an Ishy Enfield and this may be the year for an American Eagle Luger if I can do some thinning of a couple things that are collecting dust.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    :bowdown:

I'm always nice! ;)

I don't doubt that you of all people would be able to find, and buy one.

Closest thing I've ever seen personally is a buddy of mine from WV who has/had a 8cm Grenatwerfer-34. I never saw someone so excited to have something that they'd likely never be able to shoot.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    :bowdown:

I'm always nice! ;)

I don't doubt that you of all people would be able to find, and buy one.

Closest thing I've ever seen personally is a buddy of mine from WV who has/had a 8cm Grenatwerfer-34. I never saw someone so excited to have something that they'd likely never be able to shoot.

I recently found one of the early 60s Irish Lewis Gun imports that were dewated by Interarms buried deep in an estate auction. I was sooo jazzed, thought I might have a shot at it. Then this week the auction house pulls the listing for it. Damn! They also yanked a nice, matching Mauser built P08 rig. Hmmm, have to wonder if anyone did an end run around the auction house and offered the estate a tall pile of money to sell it to them direct. Oh well!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I recently found one of the early 60s Irish Lewis Gun imports that were dewated by Interarms buried deep in an estate auction. I was sooo jazzed, thought I might have a shot at it. Then this week the auction house pulls the listing for it. Damn! They also yanked a nice, matching Mauser built P08 rig. Hmmm, have to wonder if anyone did an end run around the auction house and offered the estate a tall pile of money to sell it to them direct. Oh well!

If it were just the Dewated Lewis, I'd say that someone was nervous. But given that the luger was pulled too, I'd say it's either the scenario you describe, or someone in the family said "Whoa, wait....."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom