Are these illegal in DC? shotgun shell Xmas lights..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Exactly.
    Back in the 80's when the little portable televisions came out, DC passed a law prohibiting TVs in the front seat in order to deter people from watching Soul Train and Grizzly Adams while driving. My buddy pulled over a guy a few years back who copped an attitude. Guess who had a brand new, full-sized still in the box television on his front seat? And guess whose mouth got him a ticket for violating the 'no-TV-in-the-front-seat' law?
    Best to stay under the radar and keep your moth shut.

You need to amend that to: "DC, along with virtually every state, passed laws"

Seriously, as if Maryland and Virginia do not have the exact law and still on the books and still prosecuted.

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/telematics/

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    You need to amend that to: "DC, along with virtually every state, passed laws"

Seriously, as if Maryland and Virginia do not have the exact law and still on the books and still prosecuted.

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/telematics/
    You missed my point. I really couldn't care less who has what law. My point was that police officers have broad discretion when it comes to enforcing many violations.

That being said, DC sucks all the way around, regardless of what state you wish to compare it with. Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    You missed my point. I really couldn't care less who has what law. My point was that police officers have broad discretion when it comes to enforcing many violations.

That being said, DC sucks all the way around, regardless of what state you wish to compare it with. Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

And my points stand:
    1) Maryland is the pig with lipstick when it comes to gun laws. it is WAY harder and longer process to get a hand gun in Maryland.

From internet order date to gun registered and in hand in DC it is 10 days. Every handgun that is legal in Maryland is legal in DC. I have friends in Maryland that waited over three months. I have friends in NJ that waited over 5 months (and you have to give character references in NJ who are interviewed by the police).

Maryland is much worse on gun rights at this point. So are NJ and Mass.

2) the point about getting searched after a claim of threat with a gun is that this happens in every state. And prosecutions on technical violations of gun law do occur elsewhere and often enough.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    And my points stand:
    1) Maryland is the pig with lipstick when it comes to gun laws. it is WAY harder and longer process to get a hand gun in Maryland.

From internet order date to gun registered and in hand in DC it is 10 days. Every handgun that is legal in Maryland is legal in DC. I have friends in Maryland that waited over three months. I have friends in NJ that waited over 5 months (and you have to give character references in NJ who are interviewed by the police).

Maryland is much worse on gun rights at this point. So are NJ and Mass.

2) the point about getting searched after a claim of threat with a gun is that this happens in every state. And prosecutions on technical violations of gun law do occur elsewhere and often enough.
    1) WOW. I had it all wrong. Sounds like 2A paradise! Screw Maryland, I'm moving to DC!!! Wait.....do I have to register handguns? Can I take my 'assault weapons'? High capacity magazines? Class 3 items? Can I use my C&R license? Where is the best ammunition selection in town? Any good ranges accessible by Metro? Can I get a carry permit?

Yeah. That's what I thought. :sad20:

2) No shit??? Do these searches all result in frivolous, wasteful prosecutions?

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    PS

While we are on the subject of 'friends' experiences', let's step out of the past and into the present: A buddy of mine did the paperwork on two transfers in Maryland on 3/8. He picked them up on 3/17. That's NINE days - including a weekend - and that beats ten using anybody's math. Now....tell me again how Maryland is 'so much worse' than DC???

I'm calling Mayflower to cancel the DC move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom