• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Glock Pistol Issues...

My own observations and honest opinion after twenty five years of on the job and personal experience with the Glock pistol platform...

Some folks who do not like Glock pistols, or they much prefer other brands, will write or talk about things like frame flex or bad triggers or the issue of pointing them...

• I have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds from Glock pistols and never "felt" any frame flex...
    • The only trigger issue I've ever experienced was due to an ultra heavy trigger spring which was required at the time but eventually abandoned by the BPD in favor of a trigger spring with less pull required...
    • Following basic sight alignment procedure, I've never been unable to get ANY Glock pistol to point where I wanted to shoot.

Most of the folks who talk about these "Glock issues"... held one once ... or fired a few rounds with a borrowed or rented pistol at a range. But I have not talked to any folks who actually owned and fired enough rounds through one to get past the negative perceived traits which they were told to expect from the start, who report these issues. To the contrary, I have talked to some who were hesitant and then pleasantly surprised at how much they actually liked firing the Glock pistols.

I'm thankful that my first Glock pistol was aquired in 1990, prior to all of the negative reports from folks who just could not get past the idea of firing a polymer framed pistol. That way I got to experience the pistol without any preconceived notions of "what to expect" from it.

When I pick up one of my Glock pistols and point it at a target... I know that I can expect it to be a reliable pistol that is much more accurate than I am. And that none of mine have ever even had so much as a hiccup when I pulled the trigger. The only way I was ever able to practice clearing drills at the Police Range... was to randomly load dummy rounds into the magazine with live rounds prior to firing the pistol.

Other than a friendly prod :innocent0... I won't tell someone which pistol is best for them (I like/own/carry several different brands/types including 1911s, Barrettas, Rugers etc...). Folks need to make their own choices based on their best research. Shooters should buy which ever pistol they are most comfortable with. We are not carbon copies of each other. And I don't expect everyone to like the same things. But unless it is a known safety issue with any particular brand or type of firearm... These bad reports about any brand or model should not be used to sway a new buyer. Not in a day where one can go to a public range and rent nearly any make/model pistol and learn what really works for them... without some bad report from good old "Henry I. Held-one-once".

So... If you are, or you know someone who is, looking for a new pistol.

• Try to steer away from these folks who love to tell you about problems and issues which they do not have sufficient working knowledge of, to form any educated opinion about.
    • Don't go to the LGS and "hold" a firearm expecting to form an educated opinion. "Feeling" a firearm does not tell you how it will perform.
    • Actually go to a range and rent or borrow the makes/models being considered... Fire them and find out which one works the best for you. It may just be the one you did not think you would like.
    • Based on your research and what your wallet allows... Buy the best candidate and enjoy your new firearm in safety and good health.

Peace...

Last edited:

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Glocks are ugly as hell.

All three of mine can't get a date.

But they shoot straight, and consistently.

Now I just need to add the gadget to all of them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It can be a real be-otch when yer Gee-lok goes postol. Better stop it before a body gets scraped up.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Cain used a rock...

More powerful when used as a brick...

My 1911s and Glocks all play well together... They share the same safe... One of the Glocks even eats the same food.

Ever catch one on top of the other when you open the safe real quick?:lol2:

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Agree! There are many brands look better than Glock. However, this is my opinion, Glock is one of the best, reliable and never fail when you need. During the last 15 years, I shot more than 10,000 rds using my first Gen Glock, and had never had a single problem.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I've never had the desire to purchase a Glock, but tomorrow I will be picking up the G19 and G26 that I won in the Glock Day raffle. I have 2,000 rounds in stock and will explore my feminine side with an open mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't mind my Glocks. They have their place.

I like my Sigs better.

I like my HKs better still.

But best of all, I really like my Clark 1911...still and always. Peerless.

The Glocks go bang when and where I want them to. That's all I signed up for with them.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I've never had the desire to purchase a Glock, but tomorrow I will be picking up the G19 and G26 that I won in the Glock Day raffle. I have 2,000 rounds in stock and will explore my feminine side with an open mind.

At least it wasn't a 23 and 27...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Ever catch one on top of the other when you open the safe real quick?:lol2:

Yes... I found the G17 on top of one of my 1911s once...

Nine months later... I looked in the safe and there was a G36, a bunch of oil dripping from the mag well of the 1911 and the G17 was strutting around passing out cuban .45 rounds. Then the G22 and G27 started getting frisky and now there is a lil' G42 in the crib.

You just can NOT leave them alone... :shrug:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

That would make the Glocks "male". :D :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom