• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Friend of mine is a lefty and posed this question to me. Who uses and recommends what? That Ranier ambi one looks nice, but at $80 I'm trying to find him cheaper alternatives. Money isn't as big a factor as quality or performance though, so as long as it is worth it, so be it.

Thanks

wjt1169

Quality and reliable performance usually cost though..."just say'n":

Raptor-1911hammer01-crop1500-B3.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm a lefty as well, I just use a BCM Gunfighter (Med. Latch). Does the job for me.

The only time I even use the CH, is to clear a jam or lock the bolt back manually.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Friend of mine is a lefty and posed this question to me. Who uses and recommends what? That Ranier ambi one looks nice, but at $80 I'm trying to find him cheaper alternatives. Money isn't as big a factor as quality or performance though, so as long as it is worth it, so be it.

Thanks

I put a "righty" BCM Gunfighter on my Stag 8L. The way Robert Bollinger explained it to me, (and I agree since I have shot it....) You hold the gun with your left hand, and charge it with your right. Since your index finger is "to the left" it makes sense to have release to left as well.... Picture posted below. This is a great configuration. No complaints, and trust me, after shooting right handed rifles all my life, I WOULD complain!!!!!

100_1878.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    $80 is roughly the going rate for a high-quality charging handle, especially a left-handed one. A personal favorite that I own is by Phase 5 Tactical. It's also $80.

800_600_ablchametal2.jpg

I seriously doubt your buddy will dislike the Rainier. It looks like a well-built, quality piece that's worth every penny.

Unless your buddy sees and feels these $80 handles in person, it's tough to appreciate how rugged and well-made they are compared to the cheap, flimsy stock handles on most ARs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom