• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Two years ago I traveled to Louisiana for work and meet a guy who said he had a Nazi Pistol. He didn't know anything about it and had bought it from a pawn shop just to have a gun in the house. He showed it to me and I offered to buy it on the spot but he didn't want to part with it so I got his email and thought maybe I could ask again down the road. Well last week I made him another offer and I received the pistol today.

HiPower3.jpg

HiPower2.jpg

HiPower.jpg

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    That's a awesome 2nd variation HP with tangent sights, I have one just like it. BTW how much did you offer if you don't mind me asking? What is the suffix and serial # range and proof marks,are they WA140 ? You can tell the year it was produced by these.Thanks for sharing

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    That's a awesome 2nd variation HP with tangent sights, I have one just like it. BTW how much did you offer if you don't mind me asking?

$500... I didn't steal it but I think its a good deal. Btw it has one mag, no holster, and no import stamp.
    Markings are WaA140 and no. is 140xxx

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    $500... I didn't steal it but I think its a good deal. Btw it has one mag, no holster, and no import stamp.
    Markings are WaA140 and no. is 140xxx

dude, you stole it :), but it's all perspective.If he paid $200 at the pawnshop and you gave him $500 everyone is happy .I got mine in a trade and some cash and it was a steal also..They go anywhere between $1,200 to $1,800. What letter is after the serial # a, b ,ect......

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    He told me what he paid for it and I want to say it was like 150. I think he only bought it because it was the cheapest 9mm they had.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    No letter at the end unless the 0 is an O

If my math is correct you pistol was made toward the end of '42. Serial # ranges for the tangent HP's ended some where between 135,000 and 150,000 before they went to the rear fixed sight which was produced until the end of the war and had letter suffixes a or b after the serial #'s

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Very nice HP. When you said it came with a holster, is it the one that slots into the bottom of the grip by any chance?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read.... No holster you said, so is the grip slotted?

Last edited:

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Very nice HP. When you said it came with a holster, is it the one that slots into the bottom of the grip by any chance?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read.... No holster you said, so is the grip slotted?

No but those stocked HP's are pretty cool

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    The pawn shop up in Havre De Grace had one just like that. I can't remember how much it was but it was a hell of a lot more than $500 iirc.

That's the one I have, I traded my non tangent HP plus a little cash.And as a bonus she got in a 1918 1911 when I went back to pick up the HP and I bought that too.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    That's the one I have, I traded my non tangent HP plus a little cash.And as a bonus she got in a 1918 1911 when I went back to pick up the HP and I bought that too.

Nice! Have you fired your HP? These pistols were subject to sabotage by the belgian workers the most common method being to over harden the extractor so it breaks. Anyway I was told mine has some FTE issues so I'm wondering if it is a sabotaged extractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom