• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maryland: Senate Committee to Hear Legislation to Criminalize the Private Transfer of Long Guns
    https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=1469
    Introduced by state Senator William Smith, Jr., Senate Bill 948 seeks to criminalize the private transfer of long guns in Maryland. While SB 948 has been referred to the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee, it has not been scheduled for a hearing at this time. NRA members and Second Amendment supporters are encourage to contact members of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and urge them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 948 when it comes up for a vote.

Senate Bill 948 would require individuals to appear before a licensed firearm dealer to request a criminal background check prior to transferring a long gun, absent limited and vague exceptions. The dealer would also be required to create a record of each sale. This flawed legislation is being pushed by an out-of-state anti-gun group who is trying to impose their misguided policies on the law-abiding gun owners of Maryland.

HIT IT! :mad54:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    You know, hear me out, this is kind of a blessing in disguise.

Remember when Omalley sent that email out to the DNR mailing list about how the SB211 wouldn't hurt hunters? You know how anti-2a people always talk about not going after hunters.

Here they are. They are going after hunters. This will apply to 12g shotguns and bolt action rifles JUST as much as it will apply to tacti-cool stuff.

Could this be the bill that finally unites MD 2A community?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I hear ya, but ...
    You know, hear me out, this is kind of a blessing in disguise.

Remember when Omalley sent that email out to the DNR mailing list about how the SB211 wouldn't hurt hunters? You know how anti-2a people always talk about not going after hunters.

Here they are. They are going after hunters. This will apply to 12g shotguns and bolt action rifles JUST as much as it will apply to tacti-cool stuff.

Could this be the bill that finally unites MD 2A community?

Last year we had to SHAME Maryland Hunting Coalition into taking a stand with us. They were ready to let SB947 slide just for a photo-op with Hogan. They haven't learned a lesson from THAT FIASCO, and so far, they've made no mention of SB948 this go round. Their leadership is part of the MD establishment.

Here's a reminder from their FaceBook page a year ago ...

Mike Miller Sell-Outs

Attachments

• MHC 2.JPG
      MHC 2.JPG
      94 KB · Views: 211

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lol, anti-government, animal activists? That's nuts. I think an apology is in order. Does the head of this organization work for the Democratic leadership in Annapolis?

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lol, anti-government, animal activists? That's nuts. I think an apology is in order. Does the head of this organization work for the Democratic leadership in Annapolis?
    Their head is Allan Ellis. He publishes the free Maryland Hunting Quarterly magazine and was the former pr director at the local Bass Pro.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Their head is Allan Ellis. He publishes the free Maryland Hunting Quarterly magazine and was the former pr director at the local Bass Pro.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the background. I wonder how many hunters he actually speaks for, especially if they understood that he's saying to play nice with those that are seeking to take away their long gun rights while insulting 2A advocates. No wonder Ron Young feels like he can attach his name to this legislation. With more informed and upset hunters in Frederick County, Young would stop squeaking by and lose elections.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I hear ya, but ...

Last year we had to SHAME Maryland Hunting Coalition into taking a stand with us. They were ready to let SB947 slide just for a photo-op with Hogan. They haven't learned a lesson from THAT FIASCO, and so far, they've made no mention of SB948 this go round. Their leadership is part of the MD establishment.

Here's a reminder from their FaceBook page a year ago ...

Mike Miller Sell-Outs
    Wow, hunting is a "privilege"...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    A senate JPR committee member reports what i consider to be a high volume of emails about this bill, keep up the pressure.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Emails don't take up physical space and can be easily ignored and filtered. Send letters and request a reply. It takes up their staffs time and money for stamps.

Check out Student of the Gun podcast
    https://www.studentofthegunradio.com/podcast/jacob-herman-century-arms/
    7:00 Start talking about writing letters
    11:40 Letter format.

Much better is to deliver that letter by hand to the office of each of your delegates and your senator. Yes, by hand. Make an appointment and go to Annapolis. And don't wait for the hearing. Do it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom