• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I've had a Stoeger Condor for about 6 years and have a few thousand shells through it. Recently I've had an issue with the trigger not reseting for the second shot (top barrel). It seems to only happen once the gun heats up because I shot most of a round of skeet today before the issue.
    Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Maybe I should just start saving for a quality gun.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    More than likely you have an issue with the trigger assembly tolerances. Something is heating up and getting out of spec. The easiest method to determine this is unfortunately semi expensive. Buy a new trigger group and a bunch of cheap shells. Blanks would even work just to develop heat. Install trigger group and run the shells through. If it goes away you can continue this process indefinitely. If it doesn't then consult a gunsmith. But call Stoeger and search the forums to see if it's a known issue.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Have you cleaned it internally recently (or ever)? If not, remove the stock, douse the entire mechanism with solvent and scrub it thoroughly with an old tooth brush. Wipe off what you can before blowing all the cracks and crevices clean with compressed air. Lightly lubricate any obvious wearing surfaces.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    When I does this, can you manually reset the trigger? (bumping the butt pad with palm of your hand)?

You need to remove the stock, SOAK the assembly in CLP or a solvent, blow off with air. The condor and stf3000 are (very) notorious for inertia trigger issues. This is probably not what you want to hear, but if you are planning on shooting a lot, the Stoeger is not going to serve you well.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    In an attempt to fix the issue I did take the stock off and spray the receiver out with degreaser. I'm going to fully disassemble and clean it out in the next couple of days.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    In an attempt to fix the issue I did take the stock off and spray the receiver out with degreaser. I'm going to fully disassemble and clean it out in the next couple of days.

Inspect for any worn/loose parts etc. Look on the inside of the stock as well for any evidence of rubbing. If the moving inertia switch is rubbing it could be as simple as sanding the inside of the stock lightly or just lubing the right places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom