• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    $500 is bordering on grand larceny! You never see one in this condition sell for south of $1000 if the seller has any clue as to current market value.
    Color me green w. envy. That's a nice one!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    $500 is bordering on grand larceny! You never see one in this condition sell for south of $1000 if the seller has any clue as to current market value.
    Color me green w. envy. That's a nice one!

Pretty sure I saw some on GB with Nazi markings going in the $800-$900 range in the past few weeks. Appearance by pics was about the same as this one.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    So I'm considering selling this pistol to fund some other hobbies. Any idea what a fair asking price would be?

Jul 1, 2012
    So I'm considering selling this pistol to fund some other hobbies. Any idea what a fair asking price would be?

It's really hard to tell from the pics, if the grip straps have good finish and it has the original mag (should have a WaA140 but a rough-machined, non-marked mag would be ok) then $1800-ish would be the high end and $1500 low end IMHO. Take off $200 if it doesn't have a correct WW2-era mag.

Seen em for more, seen em for less.
    If I wasn't broke I'd be interested.

But you never can tell, somebody may really just have to have it and pump up the volume so to speak.
    The S/N is very high for it being a tangent sight gun, the Vanderlinden book puts the end at 140,000 so this may generate a little more interest.

BTW - he also states that firing a WaA140-marked High power - including the tangent sight guns - is highly discouraged (paraphrasing here) as the quality had already started to fall.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    It's really hard to tell from the pics, if the grip straps have good finish and it has the original mag (should have a WaA140 but a rough-machined, non-marked mag would be ok) then $1800-ish would be the high end and $1500 low end IMHO. Take off $200 if it doesn't have a correct WW2-era mag.

Seen em for more, seen em for less.
    If I wasn't broke I'd be interested.

But you never can tell, somebody may really just have to have it and pump up the volume so to speak.
    The S/N is very high for it being a tangent sight gun, the Vanderlinden book puts the end at 140,000 so this may generate a little more interest.

BTW - he also states that firing a WaA140-marked High power - including the tangent sight guns - is highly discouraged (paraphrasing here) as the quality had already started to fall.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure the magazine isn't marked. The only other issue is someone etched a W on the bottom of the trigger guard. I'll try to get some better pics up tomorrow.

Jul 1, 2012
    The late-war mags showed really rough machining (especially on the spine) and were typically unmarked. Should be phosphate and have the "split tail" base plate. If it's like that, it's probably correct. The "W" will not help value that's for sure. The better the condition, the more it will hurt.

Jul 1, 2012
    It's hard to tell but if that's an H in circle on the spine of mag, that would be a pre-war Belgian army proof.
    That wouldn't be correct for this pistol but it's a very desirable mag.
    Overall it looks like a nice gun, maybe 90% but that "W" is painful :sad20:
    I'd be hard-pressed to put a value on it because of that.
    Some people may not care, others would.

I'll PM you a contact that may be able to help you sell it (or even buy it) if you're serious about it... he'd be able to give you a better idea of value than I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom