• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Really good prices on camera, gear, & luggage type cases. Sadly, no rifle cases included in the Deal of the Day. Good deal nonetheless.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Really good prices on camera, gear, & luggage type cases. Sadly, no rifle cases included in the Deal of the Day. Good deal nonetheless.

Yes, I too was disappointed that the rifle case I wanted (Pelican 1750) was not among the ones that were on sale. But at least I got a couple of them. These will be my first Pelican cases and I figure I can use them to transport a firearm or two in a TSA approved case if I ever need to do so.

Cal68

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Thanks for the info...I've been using the 1400 series and just ordered 2 more from another vendor afew days ago...think im gonna return those and order 3 from amazon... what a price difference

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Yes, I too was disappointed that the rifle case I wanted (Pelican 1750) was not among the ones that were on sale. But at least I got a couple of them. These will be my first Pelican cases and I figure I can use them to transport a firearm or two in a TSA approved case if I ever need to do so.

Cal68

When did the TSA start approving luggage?

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    When did the TSA start approving luggage?

Point well taken and I stand corrected. I should have said that these Pelican cases are "compliant" with TSA requirements rather than saying that they are TSA "approved'. I want to make this correction just in case someone new on this site thought that only certain luggage was "approved" by the TSA. Good catch and thanks!

Cal68

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Point well taken and I stand corrected. I should have said that these Pelican cases are "compliant" with TSA requirements rather than saying that they are TSA "approved'. I want to make this correction just in case someone new on this site thought that only certain luggage was "approved" by the TSA. Good catch and thanks!

Cal68

Case sellers sometimes make this claim.

I have two Pelican 1750 rifle cases and they are great. While shopping for cases I saw numerous claims by case vendors that they are "TSA approved". I saw this going on a lot at the Harrisburg Outdoor show either stated verbally or on their sales literature.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well, thanks (I think) for turning me onto these "lighting deals." I now have a genuine Pelican case...and about $300 worth of other crap I didn't really need...but it only cost me about $100...so far...

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Pelican gun cases are once again the Deal of the Day on Amazon today (30April2018). Unfortunately the one case I want (Pelican 1750) is once again not on the list. I'll have to check out the sizes of the ones on sale to see if I should get one.

Enjoy.

Cal68

awajr

Jul 11, 2010
    Pelican gun cases are once again the Deal of the Day on Amazon today (30April2018). Unfortunately the one case I want (Pelican 1750) is once again not on the list. I'll have to check out the sizes of the ones on sale to see if I should get one.

Enjoy.

Cal68

Cabela's has the 1750 on sale for $179.99

They call it “Pelican Double Rifle Case”

Free shipping with promo code FREESHIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981