• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I can't stop thinking about buying one of these so I think I'll just go for it. I'm seriously stuck between the pistol and carbine though. Now that ATF states that shouldering it isn't creating an SBR (yeah no kidding atf) I think the pistol probably makes more sense. Anyone own on or the other other that can speak to their decision and why I should or shouldn't go with one?

The biggest dilemma for me is the gun seems super lack luster with low cap 10rd mags. Can anyone recommend a good shop in Pa/Va that won't turn me away with Maryland ID? I look fairly young so I assume I would be carded. Also, I haven't had to go out of state for mags but that's still G2G right?

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I can't stop thinking about buying one of these so I think I'll just go for it. I'm seriously stuck between the pistol and carbine though. Now that ATF states that shouldering it isn't creating an SBR (yeah no kidding atf) I think the pistol probably makes more sense. Anyone own on or the other other that can speak to their decision and why I should or shouldn't go with one?

The biggest dilemma for me is the gun seems super lack luster with low cap 10rd mags. Can anyone recommend a good shop in Pa/Va that won't turn me away with Maryland ID? I look fairly young so I assume I would be carded. Also, I haven't had to go out of state for mags but that's still G2G right?

I have both but I always end up shooting my pistol. So I say go pistol.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You can buy normal capacity mags out of state. I've gone to Leesburg to get mine, and bought different 30-rd mags (AR, AK, CZ) at both stores there.

I personally like the 30-rd mags for the CZ Scorpion. Easier to slam in the mag well securely. I used my Scorpion carbine (faux suppressor model - too much fun) in the PCC category of IDPA before and discovered during mag changes under-the-clock, that I was occasionally wrong about a 10-rd mag being securely in place (gun did not chamber a round to fire). No such problem with the longer mags that one gets more to grab on, and thus more control slamming the mag in properly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I also love mine and its definitely a favorite to take to the range. Bought a few 30 rounds magazines for it and put a vortex red dot on it. I would like to order the reduced pull trigger kit for it soon.

Attachments

• 20170809_120356.jpg
      20170809_120356.jpg
      95.1 KB · Views: 606

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Being close to the I83 area I buy my "real" mags in PA, either in York (Dicks, formerly Gander Mtn, a place called Carbon & Steel Sporting Goods, & @ Freedom Armory in Glen Rock). There's a couple others I haven't been to yet up that way, one or two are IP's here.

NEVER been asked for ID, but made it a point anyway to tell them I'm from MD. They seemed like they always knew before I told them, they love getting all of our business & most of the guys I've dealt with were from the Communist Republic of MD but tunneled under the wall years ago & couldn't be happier. For some reason though I'm still leary of paying with credit card, I still just pay with cash. I don't need to be tracked anymore than I already am.

Totally legal. In fact my sister in Hanover, PA just ordered a half dozen SCAR 16 FDE 30 rd mags, and a half dozen Walther Q5 15 rd mags, and she'll be getting my 2-15 rd Walther mags from my recent LGS purchase via UPS any day now. I wonder if she knows she just did that? ;)

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    In same dilemma OP just started looking at both and can't decided which route to go carbine or pistol but def want to get a can for it either or

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    A can is a problem with the folding stock in MD because it is considered a flash hider. It adds up to too many evil parts.
    I was really leaning toward the SBR route, but then the carbine came out. I'm happy with that decision.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    A can is a problem with the folding stock in MD because it is considered a flash hider. It adds up to too many evil parts.
    I was really leaning toward the SBR route, but then the carbine came out. I'm happy with that decision.

Supposedly there's a way to pin the stock so it doesn't fold. I'm trying to figure that part out so I can play with my silencer on the gun

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Supposedly there's a way to pin the stock so it doesn't fold. I'm trying to figure that part out so I can play with my silencer on the gun

To pin the stock, you are basically taking the spring out from under the folding release button and replacing it with a piece of dowel rod or similar so you can't press it anymore. You have to remove the long pin that the stock hinges on to get everything off, then I think there is another pin somewhere in the stock to release the button. Cut a spacer for the correct length under the button, just enough play so you can get it back onto the CZ but not release, then you hook it back on the button side then reinsert the hinge pin.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I bought the pistol before the carbine was out. SBR'd it on a Form 1. This thing is a blast to shoot! Tack driver out of the box. Getting30 round standard capacity mags is easy enough. You won't regret the purchase.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I got the carbine w/faux suppressor, love it! I put on a longer charging handle and bought some mags at the Chantilly gun show. I also ordered trigger and trigger spring, but haven't installed them. Oh, and I put the AK-style safety selector on the trigger-finger side, so it wouldn't dig into my finger any more.

It's been lots of fun :D I bought a Sightmark red dot for it, but also haven't installed that.

My vote is for the carbine, but get either one, I don't think you can go wrong :D

-John

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    So there's no real concern with purchasing the faux suppressor version with a folding stock in Maryland? A friend of mine is seeking one of these out and now I'm getting a bit interested too.

Cabela's won't sell you one but lots of other dealers will. Faux suppressor is not a flash hider, so it will be fine.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    So there's no real concern with purchasing the faux suppressor version with a folding stock in Maryland? A friend of mine is seeking one of these out and now I'm getting a bit interested too.

I bought mine cash and carry at an IP, so I'm gonna say there's no issue with it.

IANAL.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom