• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    After two PyaPal orders today, our Personal Firearm Log Books are currently SOLD OUT, though we should have PLENTY of them this Saturday, when the next print run arrives.
    Any PayPal orders that arrive will ship early next week.
    Thank you everyone who has picked one up.

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    It's that time again... we need to print up a fresh stack of Firearm Log Books.

When using your Log Books, did you find there was information you wanted to include repeatedly, but there wasn't a spot for it? Was there a spot for information that you found you never used?
    Was there anything else that you thought "now if it only had _____"?

I appreciate the great feedback we've received online and in the shop, but all things can be better. The feedback of you guys who have used the books is vital to making it better.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I use the hell out of mine and like to believe I'm a semi-serious collector, so here are some thoughts.

I often wish for manufacturer / make / model to cover stuff like "CZ-USA CZ-75 BD" or something. I never know what's Make vs Model with the current setup.

I still think you should have NFA specific stuff - tax stamp number field and adding SBR/SBS/AOW/MG/DD/suppressor to the types at the top of the page. If that meant a separate NFA-style book because of how niche it is, I would be interested.

The "acquisition" section should have auction-related types and fields. "Private" doesn't really cover "Gunbroker" as well as it could. Ditto for disposition. I'd also advocate moving both acquisition and disposition (or at least just the latter) to the less-used (in my experience) left hand page and moving one of the the comments/photos sections to the right hand side.

I only use the "finish" field for custom finishes, and those could go under comments or description just as well. It feels unnecessary.

The modifications field section should have a discrete cost field on the right hand side (just like you've got a discrete date field). I like to track how much I've spent on a modification. Maybe also make the lines bigger vertically - I'd rather have a couple less entries and more room to write in them.

I'd also like a "deluxe edition" that had triple the number of entries.

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    Thank you for some really great feedback, but I have to clarify one thing:

I only use the "finish" field for custom finishes, and those could go under comments or description just as well. It feels unnecessary.

This is actually a typo, the field is supposed to be "Finnish", and it's a checkbox if you've ever shot at a Finn with the firearm. It's a way to cater to the Norwegian and Swedish firearm enthusiast markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom