• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I haven't looked carefully at the listing, but the square footage for the price looks very good. Of course that means a bigger heating and A/C bill. Funny, my wife is off this weekend so wants me to also look at some listings tomorrow, and this was one ...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8412-Sandia-Ct-Frederick-MD-21704/2090985403_zpid/

... that typifies the type of prices we're seeing for areas in Frederick that we like.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep, I met with a client last night in Urbana. One of my cycling friends lives in Urbana right down the street from him on Worthington. Thought about buying in Urbana from NVHomes about 8 years ago. Every time I drive into Urbana from route 80 the skyline looks different, and this is at least once a year, if not more often. Noticed the huge development just north of the mosque last night on route 80. Noticed large apartment buildings or condos on my left as I came into 355. Every time I pass the track at 75/80 I remember the last time I went there with my brother and some of his friends, and I shed a tear for progress.

Not only does that house have an HOA, which I cannot live with, but it is in Urbana where a new village has just been opened up for development. I am trying to get away from people and traffic, not move to where it will be worse. I am also trying to find a piece of property to build on that will allow me to shoot in the backyard. Not so sure that could be done in Urbana even on 1.7 acres. Thought I had the right spot here in "western" Howard County, but nope. I screwed up.

I want to move north of Westminster, but my wife does not want to drive more than 20 minutes to work. Can't say I blame her. So, she tells me "Imagine how long the drive will be for your parents from Silver Spring." She knows me way too well. So, western Carroll it is. If I get lucky enough in life, I'll be able to buy a farm in northern Carroll or PA to hunt on.

As far as heating goes, we will be putting in a wood burning furnace and a couple of wood stoves. We heat 4,000 sf with wood right now, so what the hell is a couple thousand more. AC? We are just going to have to learn how to sweat a little or live in the basement during the summer.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    “Houses on golf courses have too many rules!!!”

Not to mention the response time for the WAAAAAmberlance!

Yeah, I cannot imagine finding somebody in my backyard looking for his/her lost golf ball. Cannot even imagine a golf ball hitting the side of the house, or worse yet, a window. Just thought about looking out the back door and seeing people walking around out there. Wonder if I would be allowed to shoot in my backyard. lol

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    Maryland is where I have been all of my adult life. We have the bay. We have the mountains. We have Deep Creek. We have the ocean. We have Prince Georges and Montgomery counties and Baltimore city. Wait a minute. This may sound crazy but I just realized what is wrong with Maryland. Why is it that a small area controls the entire state? I have it now. We need an electoral college so a small portion of the state does not control the entire state. Same as a national election. Our founding fathers do not get the credit they deserve. They were pretty darn smart.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    To all within the sound of my voice, let this message go out to All The Nations:

I will be first in line to be the plaintiff to fight any Bump Stock / Rapid Fire Trigger Activation law in Maryland.

So, I say again: I will be first in line to fight this disgraceful attempt to infringe, yet again, on our rights to own the firearm accessories of our choice. That said, I would love some company. Are you in?

No longer a subject in the PRM, so I can't join you as a plaintiff but happy to chip in some $$ to the suit from Free America.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    No longer a subject in the PRM, so I can't join you as a plaintiff but happy to chip in some $$ to the suit from Free America.

Thanks for your remote support Dogbone. I have been the recipient of some of it for the patriot picket. Much appreciated.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I don't think it matters much what MD does. It is my guess that at the federal level, all mechanical devices (bump stocks, binary triggers, etc) that artificially increase the rate of fire of a firearm will be reclassified as class 3 NFA items. I think all existing devices will be granted a one time class 3 permit/license. Since these are not serialized, I am not sure how they would do that so stay tuned on that. Effectively though, if these are declared as class 3, they will die since I doubt many people will pay NFA fees for these novelty items.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I don't think it matters much what MD does. It is my guess that at the federal level, all mechanical devices (bump stocks, binary triggers, etc) that artificially increase the rate of fire of a firearm will be reclassified as class 3 NFA items. I think all existing devices will be granted a one time class 3 permit/license. Since these are not serialized, I am not sure how they would do that so stay tuned on that. Effectively though, if these are declared as class 3, they will die since I doubt many people will pay NFA fees for these novelty items.

I spoke to a state delegate this evening concerning 888 and his vote. My district is split A/B. He is the delegate of the the A part, I am in B. This delegate voted for 888, as did the two delegates that are in my B district. He told me that as long as the bump stocks are registered with BATFE they can be grandfathered. I brought up that a stock has no serial number so how are they registered? They are legal as afar as BATFE is concerned. He said they will be treated the same as a machine gun, then did a roundabout. He also told me that the politics of this bill dictated he vote in favor, as the “A” portion of the district is 50/50 split republican/democrat and a challenger could drop leaflets saying he is to the right of Pres. Trump on bump stocks. This bill, IMO, is nothing more than running cover for Hogan to curry favor with the left to get re-elected.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    How will they stamp something that the ATF said was not subject to regulation?

Govenment made Health insurance mandatory, that should be a piece of cake. They'll ban things the old fashion way now, through your wallet.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    How will they stamp something that the ATF said was not subject to regulation?

I posted this in the other thread. Turns out, there is precedent for the ATF deciding something is NFA, after its been on the market, and requiring people to register under an amnesty program (no tax).

Look at what they did with "street sweeper" shotguns (ATF rulings 94-1 and 94-2, for USAS-12, Striker-12, and Streetsweeper shotguns). ATF reclassified these shotguns as NFA destructive device items and granted amnesty registration with no tax for people who owned them prior to 1994-1 ruling. People had bought them cash and carry. Amnesty ended 2001 (see ATF 2001-1). Transfer taxes only applied prospectively after 1994 ruling.

What they will do about serial numbers, IDK. But it should be easy enough.

If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd bet that they follow the same precedent. IDK what form they used or if fingerprints were required for registration... but seems likely they will resurrect whatever form that they used. Also, 2001-1 says:

ATF has contacted all purchasers of record of the shotguns to advise them of the classification of the weapons as destructive devices and that the weapons must be registered.

So get out your tin foil and apply an extra layer. How do they know who the purchasers of record are??

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Now curious as to the possibility of NFA stamps going up to $500 before or in line with this registration period.
    Also, given the "machine gun" designation I am guessing MD will be one of the states with the highest amount of machine gun owners LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom