• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I’ll bet they could lose track of firearms.

it happens, and when caught months later (poor record keeping, or intentional misleading records, or just lazy people not checking serial numbers) there is always an investigation and usually people lose rank or freedom.

one m16 recently wasn't noticed (never reported missing) until it was found in a traffic stop turned drug/gun bust. the unit it belonged to tried to blame it on my shop for losing it but we keep very meticulous records of every serial number we touch and it never came into our shop. turns out it had gone missing months before. That investigation involved a number of interrogations.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Did they even distribute ammo during the riots? I don't know why. The mayor let them have their space to destroy. By the time the NG arrived, it was almost over. The mayor, church officials and gang leaders got the crowds under control and peace was once again achieved in the beautiful city of Baltimore.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    This is fake news to make us think they have such tight control that they notice 1500 rounds gone. They could lose 15,000 and have no idea. I’ll bet they could lose track of firearms.

I’ve seen M16s US Property marked on Gunbroker. Must have been stolen then registered during amnesty.

I own one of these guns and it was transferred by the feds to a prison system. Others came from DOE. Some are rewelds. I've seen one that was confirmed stolen and amnesty registered.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    At 30 rounds per mag, that's 50 mags worth of ammo. Maybe a few fellas wanted some 30-round mags without heading out of state to go shopping?

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Old A$$ story but a big stink at the time for the Supply Sergeant. Seems the ANG SP's drew ammo from the NG an didn't turn it in. An add the other Units that took the ammo back to home station. It was much more then 1,500 rounds of M855.

Nothing to see here, move alone, nothing to see here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom