• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks for the judiciary committee list. I’ve reached out to all of them letting them know I oppose the changes

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would think testimony against this bill should simply point out that it's already an add on felony if committing a crime with a magazine over 10 rounds and by passing something like this they KNOW they are simply going after law abiding gun owners. (of course we already know this as do they but this should be pointed out ad nauseam.)

LS1

Jun 19, 2010
    Not So Free State
    I've gotten emails and post cards from the NRA about House Bill 991/Senate Bill 1062, but have not received anything from MSI. Anyone know why they never sent out a message?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Two different dates to remember for this -

2/22 - Senate Judical Proceedings

3/6 - House Judiciary( Mega Hearing, all the gun Bills )

2/28 - Other gun Bills in Senate , noticeably the new & improved Bump Stock Bill

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    I would think testimony against this bill should simply point out that it's already an add on felony if committing a crime with a magazine over 10 rounds and by passing something like this they KNOW they are simply going after law abiding gun owners. (of course we already know this as do they but this should be pointed out ad nauseam.)

Very good point. Most people just can't see that they are specifically targeting law abiding citizens but this is transparent to that fact!

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Like I said before, they are going to end up ensnaring a lot of their prized constituents who went out and bought already less than normal capacity (20 round limit) magazines with firearms for self protection over the past 5 years since FSA2013. These are the democrats who vote for these people and they are going to bend them over and break off the magazines in their ass to the tune of 3 years for each magazine and forfeiture of all firearm rights. I know a lot of pistols that are popular come with 3 magazines (almost every one is more than 10 rounds) when you buy them. What is 9 years and $15,000 to every voter of theirs who has a firearm for self protection. This is going to go over like a fart in church even on the dem side.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    Like I said before, they are going to end up ensnaring a lot of their prized constituents who went out and bought already less than normal capacity (20 round limit) magazines with firearms for self protection over the past 5 years since FSA2013. These are the democrats who vote for these people and they are going to bend them over and break off the magazines in their ass to the tune of 3 years for each magazine and forfeiture of all firearm rights. I know a lot of pistols that are popular come with 3 magazines (almost every one is more than 10 rounds) when you buy them. What is 9 years and $15,000 to every voter of theirs who has a firearm for self protection. This is going to go over like a fart in church even on the dem side.

Well here's to hoping that sum bitch is loud and stinky!

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    So, if this passes, if my inlaws or friends from PA show up at a range down here with their standard cap mags, would they be a violation of the law and then be charged, or does this only apply to MD residents?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    So, if this passes, if my inlaws or friends from PA show up at a range down here with their standard cap mags, would they be a violation of the law and then be charged, or does this only apply to MD residents?

They would be in trouble. Law would ban possession. Period.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    What's the word on the street of this passing or not?

The word on my street is:

resist_tyranny_ak_postcard-r5a16c72ed2404f028e8004098f9cae19_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    If a judge in California grants a injunction, that is very telling.

Yeah but it was one of the few if not only conservative-leaning judges.

Majority of Maryland courts are liberals, and most if not all of the federal judges in MD are liberals too.

I would take this bill very seriously, don’t think only the Baltimore city delegation wants this, but PG county, and Montgomery county delegation would love for this to pass. Many of the original FSA2013 delegates remain in the GA.

First, was block sales, now go after possession. The writing was on the wall.

The Public Safety article is also very concerning, it outright prohibits more people from (legal) possession of certain firearms.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    What's the word on the street of this passing or not?

They were planning to do this at least since FSA 2013. There is a lot of support for this bill and considering Democrats hold super-majorities in both chambers it may very likely pass and become law with or without the govs sig.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    When it comes to these things you really have to watch what happens in CA and then make plans for it happening here in MD. They are of the same mind set.

I think after the events of last Wednesday this bill has a pretty good chance of passing and even over riding a veto.

Do I think the police will go door to door telling you to turn in your mags...no I doubt it. If you go to the range and are shooting will they come up to you and ask to see your mags, I doubt that too. However, if you are traveling and you get pulled over and they check you and you have >10 round mags, yes you will be in trouble.

It will go to court but having it over turned in court is very unlikely. I do remember in 2013 the police testifying that they will not be able to enforce this and that is where I think it might get stopped.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    To piggy back on what I said about watching CA. CA recently passed the "no features" for AR-15 so their subject now have to change the stock on the rifle to look "less scary" and remove the pistol grip. You know that will make its way here so I have started to look, (yes at moving), but until I can I have been looking for CA legal stocks for my AR-15.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    They were planning to do this at least since FSA 2013. There is a lot of support for this bill and considering Democrats hold super-majorities in both chambers it may very likely pass and become law with or without the govs sig.

I think the Sheriffs from the Eastern Shore and Western MD said this would be impossible to enforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom