• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I'm getting my duck gun ready for a snow goose hunt I have coming up and I have a minor issue I've never experienced before.

I put a Nordic Components extension on my 11-87 to give me 13+1 capacity (have these extensions on my 870 and FN SLP with no issues.) The problem I have is that when the tube is full (13 rounds) and I hand cycle the the action, a shell ejects from the tube onto the lifter, but the action locks back. If I fire the first round with 13 in the tube, it cycles fine. While it's not a big deal, I'd like it to cycle normally on that first round if cycled by hand. Any suggestions? Did I leave the spring too long? (I always err on the side of longer than shorter; the directions suggest 16" of extra spring, and I have ~18-19") Could this be causing my issue?

2015-10-172011.55.39_zpstrjejrl2.jpg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Ahem... So you're telling us you left 2 to 3 inches more spring than the directions call for?

A little more would be 2/3 of an inch more... Not 2 or 3 full inches...

Trim the spring and take off the extra tension on the spring and related parts.

Then it should work as it is designed to work.

Mcornbro

Corney
    Sep 21, 2015
    Harco
    Agreed with previous comments. But try cutting it in .5 inch increments and cycle it to see if it cycles fine.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    So, I went back and measured it: a hair over 15". I pulled the gun apart, cleaned, lubed, and now it works fine.

My last two firearms issues were fixed with a clean and lube; that should tell me something. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom