Changing the Name of My Trust? (lawyers in the house)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    When I had my trust drawn up several years ago, I didn't pay much attention to the name the lawyer assigned because I was only interested in suppressors. Now, I'd like to build a SBR, but my lawyer named my trust:

"The Benjamin S**** L******** Revocable Living Trust"

This is a lot to try to engrave onto the side of a lower. Can I add an amendment myself, changing the name of the trust to "BSL Revocable Living Trust"? Just a page stating "I hereby change the name..." etc...?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If you can't change the name, no reason you can't create a new 2nd trust w/ the shorter name. No limit to the number you can have. Old stuff in old trust, Form 1 SBRs in new trust. I know folks w/ multiple trusts w/ different things in them.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    If you can't change the name, no reason you can't create a new 2nd trust w/ the shorter name. No limit to the number you can have. Old stuff in old trust, Form 1 SBRs in new trust. I know folks w/ multiple trusts w/ different things in them.

That's a great idea. I can use the same words, just change the address and the name. :thumbsup: New Hampshire doesn't even require any kind of public filings or disclosures; it would be as easy as typing it up and signing.

It might not be a bad idea to have separate trusts for suppressors and SBRs/SBSs, anyway.

BSL Trust
    Peham, NH

Nice and short. Thanks!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Mine is just, "last name trust". 2 words seemed to be sufficient to the lawyer I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom