• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

srrc

Jan 3, 2017
    Maryland
    Finger print?

Nov 15 fingerprint

Still pending...

So far 46 days

Glimo ,
    Sorry if this sounds silly but ...
    did you actually file application for HQL?
    Because you didn't mension the date you submit HQL application.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    Went active on 12/30 will be one of the last issued this year. We could use the number you get assigned except for the last two digits if you would be willing to share it for use in our ongoing tracking of how many HQL's are issued. See this thread for details:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=177968&page=5

When you get your card either send me a PM or post the number with the last two numbers XX.

Application: 12/5 - Active: 12/30
    HQL-2016-0279XX

srrc

Jan 3, 2017
    Maryland
    Got It

NICS, METERS, Secondary review incomplete...
    Anyone knows if this is bad for HQL application or not?
    thanks in advance for any suggestion.

12/7 Fingerprints & submission, 12/12 received mail, 1/3 processed with 3 item incomplete, 1/4 active.
    They actually worked on more than 200 in one day, according to my assigned number.
    I am impressed.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Mine just went active! I checked earlier and I only had mental health and INS checked (N/A), and now it's approved?
    Application was 12/12/16
    Approved 1/6/16, so 25 days!
    HQL-2017-0005XX, Guess that means they already gave out 500 this year.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    The card came in the mail today. 12/5 Application to 1/6 Mailbox, 33 days. Funny thing is, I got the HQL just to add a Glock 19 to the collection, but during the wait my wish list got bigger.

srrc

Jan 3, 2017
    Maryland
    The card came in the mail today. 12/5 Application to 1/6 Mailbox, 33 days. Funny thing is, I got the HQL just to add a Glock 19 to the collection, but during the wait my wish list got bigger.

Same here, I want more now. This waiting period is so not cooling down for me at all.

Jeffx

Jan 7, 2017
    MD HQL quagmire

Wow this process is SLOW!
    Application\License Fee Completed Dec/15/16
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed Dec/21/16
    Secure Case Search Unchecked
    Secondary Review Complete Unchecked
    Alien/INS Unchecked
    NO Movement since Dec. 21, 2016,

23 days and counting. I hope I am in the home stretch????

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Heres a question, when I got mine back in February last year (2016), they had placed my Drivers License photo in the top right corner of the HQL. When I saw my dads yesterday, he has no picture on his at all. Did something change?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Heres a question, when I got mine back in February last year (2016), they had placed my Drivers License photo in the top right corner of the HQL. When I saw my dads yesterday, he has no picture on his at all. Did something change?

Something about the new DL photos can't be formatted now for transfer to the HQL, or something like that. Someone more tech savvy can probably explain it better than me.:o

joe_crash

Nov 14, 2013
    3 day? I wish!

I was exempt from the training, but my application took almost exactly 30 days. On day 20 after seeing only 2 of the sections being marked as complete, sent an email inquiring about how long the process was taking, and got back a terse email saying that they are being crushed by the # of applications, and in most cases, (as of Mid December 2016) they were taking the full 30 days to get them complete. I also sent in my C&R app to the ATF - I want a Mosin! - and keep checking my CC balance every day to see if they've processed the application fee, and so far, nothing. On one of the boards I read, I heard it was taking a month or so for a C&R to be approved.
    I also bought a silencer online from Rebel Silencers - and it still hasn't been transferred to local Class III dealer who does transfers (though they charge an arm and a leg - a $100, which is what the silencer costs.)
    (Yes, that is very inexpensive - but go to their site and then check out their YouTube videos - their rimfire silencer, the SOS-22 is $99 - ironically, the cheapest part of the whole process - which is just ridiculous! With Trump being sworn in on the 19th, I imagine the ATF, and all other federal agencies have put applications on the back burner for now. I seriously think that someone, some stupid liberal, is going to attempt to do the unthinkable, though I pray for it not to happen.

The rabid zealotry displayed by Clinton supporters is just freaking scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom