• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Another Company Breaks Up With Dick's Sporting Goods
    Posted: Jun 12, 2018 6:00 PM - Townhall.com

"Firearms accessories company, Hogue, said they're distancing themselves from Dick's Sporting Goods and its affiliate, Field & Stream, over their stance on the Second Amendment.

“Hogue has a long-standing tradition of supporting American enthusiasts with top quality firearm accessories and refuses to work with any organization who supports restricting the rights our Founders fought to provide and protect,” third-generation managing owner Neil Hogue told Guns.com.

Houge joins Mossberg, Springfield Armory and Hi-Point in severing ties with the sporting goods company. The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) also expelled Dick's membership.

“We are happy to stand alongside our friends in the industry, such as Springfield Armory, who no longer work with Dick’s,” Hogue said."

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Eventually Dick's will stop selling firearms of any type and be just like the now defunct Sports Authority and REI.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Eventually Dick's will stop selling firearms of any type and be just like the now defunct Sports Authority and REI.

REI is alive, brand new store in Rockville http://s19499.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/REI-Square.jpeg

Not sure why people fret over Dicks. It's a big box sports store, with tons of locations where firearms are not a big seller anyway. The margins and less regulation hassle, dumping firearms may work out for them. Lot more sports than hunting/shooting.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    REI is alive, brand new store in Rockville http://s19499.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/REI-Square.jpeg

Not sure why people fret over Dicks. It's a big box sports store, with tons of locations where firearms are not a big seller anyway. The margins and less regulation hassle, dumping firearms may work out for them. Lot more sports than hunting/shooting.

I hate going into REI and buying anything. They always push you to get a membership. I just want to buy my products and go use them.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    With the way you can buy anything on the inter webs now a days companies turning their back on dick's is not a big deal and they can look to say they are fighting for our rights at the same time.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I hate going into REI and buying anything. They always push you to get a membership. I just want to buy my products and go use them.
    The membership is a one time cost. It's actually worth it if you buy gear frequently. I used to say the same thing that you did.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom