• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Does anyone have a 510 Whisper? In particular, I'm interested in the TC Encore 510 Whisper; what kind of accuracy are you getting? Who made your suppressor? Do you use a BMG suppressor, or is it 510-Whisper-specific? Will the SSK barrel fit directly on an unmodified Encore?

I'd like a setup like this:

510whisper.jpg

50cal08.gif

I'm trying to figure out what my budget would have to look like.

★★★★★

Nothin. But looks cool as hell. What's the advantage of this over the 300blk?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    750gr Bmg bullet going 1050fps with such a high Bc that it's good for 500 yards.

I got some info back from ssk about the round. It's possible, but I've got too many irons in the fire right now, so it will have to go in the "some day" pile.

Last edited:

Ranb

Aug 4, 2015
    The rifle pictured in the OP is mine. The barrel is made by SSK and fits on the Encore without modification. Without the silencer attached the recoil was rather harsh and stripped out the bipod mount. When I more securely fastened the bipod the fore end screws stripped. I made a steel barrel band to hold the fore end in place.

It is a 2 moa gun with amax but I normally shoot API (3-4 moa) as it is cheaper. With the silencer attached it sounds like a car door slamming and the recoil is much less.

The silencer is homemade on a form 1, all aluminum and weighing a bit less than 2 pounds. After using it for a while I forgot to take it apart for cleaning and it is currently stuck together so cleaning is no longer possible including ultrasonic or chemical. All of my future silencers will be all stainless and welded.

Encore with stock; $300
    Premier Reticle MKIII scope with 22 mil-dots on vertical axis; $850
    51 caliber SSK Encore barrel; $500
    Dies; $80
    Silencer/tax; $250

I wish I had gone with a re-barreled Sako, but SSK wanted $2000 to re-barrel one back in 2001.

Here is a video of shooting an 18" plate at 200 yards.

Ranb

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom