• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuc

Apr 1, 2009
    Allegany County
    DIMCBM NO the copy machine would not do what the officer wanted it to do.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    pcfixer said:
    Called for interview today. Trooper from Frederick Barracks.
    asked for handgun training, I will provide ... 24 May about 9 AM for interview
    1 on 1 he said. Wifes phone number and supervisor phone number.
    also wanted the style of handgun, want me to bring info on gun with serial number.

Interesting. I wasn't asked anything at all about specific firearms. I did disclose my designated collector status (had it for 8 years now), and my C&R FFL. I did provide two assault cases against me in the past year with police reports and a couple of homicide investigations I've assisted authorities with as well. He seemed to think those were G&S reasons.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Called for interview today. Trooper from Frederick Barracks.
    asked for handgun training, I will provide ... 24 May about 9 AM for interview
    1 on 1 he said. Wifes phone number and supervisor phone number.
    also wanted the style of handgun, want me to bring info on gun with serial number.

They are always looking for a reason to turn you down. Maybe they are hoping there will be something wrong with your gun after they run the number. I just plan on telling them that I do not have the gun I plan on carrying just yet. They have all of the numbers of the guns I own anyway. Whats the point?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Merlin said:
    They are always looking for a reason to turn you down. Maybe they are hoping there will be something wrong with your gun after they run the number. I just plan on telling them that I do not have the gun I plan on carrying just yet. They have all of the numbers of the guns I own anyway. Whats the point?

I'd be shocked they had all the numbers of all of your guns unless all were regulated 77r purchases.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'd be shocked they had all the numbers of all of your guns unless all were regulated 77r purchases.

Well then be shocked. A few years ago I had to get the list of all regulated firearms I owned because my wife and I were adopting a child and the state social workers needed this list for the file. I went to the MSP and they printed out the list for me in 2min, and every gun I bought that had to go through the 7 day wait was on the list.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Well then be shocked. A few years ago I had to get the list of all regulated firearms I owned because my wife and I were adopting a child and the state social workers needed this list for the file. I went to the MSP and they printed out the list for me in 2min, and every gun I bought that had to go through the 7 day wait was on the list.
    :shocked4: :goodpost: :thumbsup:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Merlin said:

Like I said, regulated firearms purchased in MD on the 77r, that is a MD state form. Non-regulated, C&R (if applicable), or out of state purchases they could not do.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Like I said, regulated firearms purchased in MD on the 77r, that is a MD state form. Non-regulated, C&R (if applicable), or out of state purchases they could not do.

Well yes that s true. They do not know about my sling shot either. But we are not talking about shot guns and rifles. When I or anyone says the MSP has numbers on our guns, we mean regulated firearms. 7 day wait guns.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Update:
    Phone call on 05/09/12.
    Interview scheduled for 05/17/12 at Frederick.

Note: Being out-of-state, I have to drive 335 miles (one way) to get there, then return home. Have a residence in MD, so I can stay there. Maybe, it will be a nice sunny day for a drive. It's the expense of gasoline that is the bummer.

Last edited:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Merlin said:
    Well yes that s true. They do not know about my sling shot either. But we are not talking about shot guns and rifles. When I or anyone says the MSP has numbers on our guns, we mean regulated firearms. 7 day wait guns.

Yep we're on the same page now. I'd love to figure out how they account for the ones sold over the years.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Got a call today from MSP. Asked about training, I answered, No. He asked about a carry weapon. I told him I don't have anything appropriate for concealed carry yet.

When I see him for the in-person interview, I plan to explain that the permit is my first step, once that looks solid then I plan to get training and see about a carry weapon.

Should be interesting...

Rob.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County

Sounds like something to let MSI or SAF or someone know.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    My app was re'd at MSP 3/15..been 64 days and no contact since CJIS ok letter dated 3/19. No contacts by references either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom