• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    So, no thoughts on the subject? :D

Agreed. IANAL, so have no idea how to evaluate on the merits, and leave it to much smarter posters here.

As a 50 year news reader, and independent thinker, with an honest newspaper man in my family, I would suggest the patterns of the Narrative and money lining up to promote more, that show that "its now or never", for the Progressives "to push through the resistance". The ideologues and the money men behind them aren't going to abandon the 40 year march thru institutions; academia, the press, civil service unions, Congress and the lower courts appointments, to get here, and not achieve gun control on their terms.

There is a sort of blindness to the facts among the Progressive Elite, in the echo chambers of DC, NYC, San Fran, etc- those who have been drinking their own bathwater so long, they know longer know what is real, except what they say is real. Others who do know better, are completely cynical and mendacious- the Ayers, Podestas, Blumenthals, and their Masters, including "those whose name must not be spoken." :)

No one paying attention can doubt that there is a very large and coordinated "under the radar" gun control effort underway, that is multi-pronged-effort.

1. Bogus fact manufacturing: Bloombergs spending $50M money at Johns Hopkins, to endow a public health initiative headed by Teret, on his own personal mission to ban guns. Harvard releases a bogus study, that even the godfather of gun stats at UC Davis flatly admits is flawed, and how many other places are funded by places like Joyce, etc. Lets not forget our Surgeon General, former head of Drs for Obama, calling for research, and Bloombergs Soda Czar, Mr Ebola at CDC. The bought and paid for "scientists" are still holding out at NASA, IPCC, UN and calling everyone an evil terrorist who questions methodology, much less conclusions. Do you think money wont buy researchers and results?

2. We dont even need to talk about the press and all the various sock puppet faux .orgs, that have been sprouted for years under Center for American Progress shells and networks. Next up is manufacturing memes, and truths because enough people say its so, it must be so. Just follow the money. In addition to Bloomberg and his latest ridiculous Al Jazheera hires, and all the various PR firms around the country donating and helping the Fake Moms and Towns, he's also buying journolistas through Columbia and Dart how to write gun propaganda seminars.

3. Follow the money. SAF called it- the stealth UBC via paid for signatures on citizen propositions. In addition to Gates and Balmer, and Silicon Valley smart gun prize guy Nick Hanaer, you've got Tom Steyer, who's private LLC gave the MOST money last cycle to progressive pols. We dont need to talk about the proven older players, Joyce Foundation in ThugTown, Ford, and too many more to mention, spending money on grants and programs, for all the fakey community groups that take orders to go march or protest LGS, and so forth. Call it SEIU, distributed.

Don't doubt for a minute the "we dont care about gun owners rights" spouting DC Council and Mayor "I hate guns" Muriel WONT take marching orders from The Man, even if it doesnt make legal sense to take the risk. Those pols have no choice but to double down to push through the resistance, and the Executive Action Ends Justify the Means proof is repeated over and over in progtard states and cities, CA, WA, CO, and you know the east coast better than anyone.

Remember, Obama "packed" the Second CA with his latest appointees, reportedly to be ready for ACA decision, earlier, and if you are a believer in KCs politics = odds game theory, then Wrenn will look ripe for action by judicial activists there.

If anything, this HAS to be appealed, for it to get to SCOTUS, in time for Obama to take credit, after trashing the Justices like he has in past. Back to the beginning- Progressivism v2.0 is all about the Narrative.

Without "War on Women" and "For the Children" to distract the yoga pants mommies, the whole thing falls apart, legacy wise, for the One,

and far more important- who's up to bat next? - the Security Moms have time to look at the huge security risk Obama and HRC have created in foreign policy...and thats the game ender for her, and the left democrats... do you see the Reliable Party Organs and embedded Journolistas pushing back now, in any serious way, other than some tap dancing to claim credibility? Are they telling the truth on Benghazi, Fast n Furious, or being dragged into it, bit by bit by folks like Judicial Watch, and Sharyl Atkisson?

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    Near zero. Overreach is their middle name . . . that's how we got Heller. They just can't help themselves because they are so "right".

Gura has already brought the question to SCOTUS and will bring it again. They have so far said "No thanks" to some very good cases. (Kachalsky, Moore . . . )

Kachalsky? Yes. But unless I pulled a Rip Van Winkle :innocent0, Moore never got to SCOTUS, so they didn't have a chance to say "no thanks" to that case. In fact, I believe they would have granted cert if Madigan had requested it from the 7th Circuit's decision.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I also note that a simple DD214 won't suffice for training. You must have a handgun endorsement on your DD214.

I don't see where it says the DD214 has to stipulate handgun training, however, I do see this in the instructions:

-If you are requesting an exemption to the firearms training course requirements, Section 2336.3 of

the regulations requires you to provide supporting documentation, such as:

-Firearms training provided by the National

Rifle Association

-DD Form 214 if it shows special training for

marksmanship

-Retired law enforcement officer credentials
    -Hunting license

-Armed special police officer license

So it would seem that since most, if not all, DD214's indicate a persons marksmanship level, that document should suffice.

Secondly, that valid hunting license just got a bit more valuable.

And finally, in the absence of a DD214 or a hunting license, since no minimum level of NRA training is stipulated, the minimum 8-hour Basic Pistol course is likely less expensive than a 16 hour course, and it does include a live fire portion (so far) so that may well serve as the exemption for the 16 hr course, & the 2 hr range portion.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Just giving you a difficult time. :D I'll shoot you an email on Friday if I can swing it. Curious to check it out, and saw the other thread that you started.
    No problem. Match will probably start around 9am at TCSC. Let me know.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't see where it says the DD214 has to stipulate handgun training, however, I do see this in the instructions:

-If you are requesting an exemption to the firearms training course requirements, Section 2336.3 of

the regulations requires you to provide supporting documentation, such as:

-Firearms training provided by the National

Rifle Association

-DD Form 214 if it shows special training for

marksmanship

-Retired law enforcement officer credentials
    -Hunting license

-Armed special police officer license

So it would seem that since most, if not all, DD214's indicate a persons marksmanship level, that document should suffice.

Secondly, that valid hunting license just got a bit more valuable.

And finally, in the absence of a DD214 or a hunting license, since no minimum level of NRA training is stipulated, the minimum 8-hour Basic Pistol course is likely less expensive than a 16 hour course, and it does include a live fire portion (so far) so that may well serve as the exemption for the 16 hr course, & the 2 hr range portion.

My DD214 has no marksmanship info on it, making it useless for proof of training, even though we did shoot pistols.

And there is no exemption for th 4 hour law portion.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I think they are looking at Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert type Ribbons on the DD214. Maybe each branch don't do that but I thought the USN did. They do it for rifles and pistols.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    My DD214 has no marksmanship info on it, making it useless for proof of training, even though we did shoot pistols.

And there is no exemption for th 4 hour law portion.
    I don't see anything in the instructions requiring dd214 mention of pistols, only marksmanship.
    I think they are looking at Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert type Ribbons on the DD214. Maybe each branch don't do that but I thought the USN did. They do it for rifles and pistols.
    Which would be denoted by inclusion of receipt of a related ribbon as Clandestine suggests.

However, if your dd214 doesn't mention such a ribbon, then maybe you can go the hunting license or NRA Basic pistol route.

Btw, I also don't see anything in the instructions dictating the length of the legal module, although people in this thread have posted that it's 2 hours & 4 hours. However, I don't have time right now to pull up & copy in the exact section from the form, so it may be there & I've just missed it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think you are correct. I looked at the application becoming an instructor and the only time requirement is for the range (2 hours, 50 rounds at max 45 feet with a score of 70)

g)
    All applicable District and federal firearms laws, including the requirem
    ents of the Act, An Act To control the possession, sale, transfer, and use of pistols and other dangerous weapons
    in the District of Columbia, to provide penalties,
    to prescribe rules of evidence, and for other
    purposes, approved July 8, 1932 (47 Stat. 650; D.C. Official Code § 22
    -
    4501 et seq
    .), and District law pertaining to self-
    defense

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I was RA and they didn't put anything on mine. Maybe a clerical error.

I had a Sharpshooter badge.

My DD214 is from 1989.

Block 13 is for "Decorations, medals, badges..." It lists things like Army Commendation Medal, Overseas Service Ribbon, etc. but in addition mine lists "Sharpshooter Badge with M16 Rifle Bar."

Block 14 is for "Military Education..." And only lists my basic MOS, but not any other schools, leadership academies, etc.

I don't know if MPD will be looking for a course under block 14, or if they would - as most reasonable people would - infer from the badge, that the appropriate training had taken place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom