• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    :sad20:

And we've also heard this will not be a photo ID.......

:sad20:

And we have also heard they will pull your photo from the DMV.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I'm imagine folks are headed to get fingerprinted this morning to complete the HQL process. Let us know your experience once your prints are in and have completed the online process. I'm personally waiting to see what happens in court.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Nice and connected databases...

Connecting databases is not hard, SNI, but I'm going to guess that what really happened is that the DMV gave the MSP application a user on their database that can pull certain pieces of data - namely, photo for a driver given their soundex. The *app* would pull it, not the database - and only have access to that one function.

(I'm sure it pulls some other data too for sanity checks.)

Giving another application permissions to do *everything* on your database is stupid. I don't put it past these jokers in the state government sometimes...but I can't imagine that the DMV has never had to deal with this requirement (doesn't a CCW permit have your picture on it?) so they probably have a decent process for it.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    If anyone speaking at the hearing for the lawsuit today cares there is a glitch at the MSP that is not allowing the live scan prints to be uploaded at this time thus further delaying getting the HQL. I just had my prints done at Maryland live scan in Glen Burnie. I was told I would get a call later when they were able to upload. I was told this was happening at all live scan locations around the state. Seems like MSP is dropping the ball on many accounts.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    If anyone speaking at the hearing for the lawsuit today cares there is a glitch at the MSP that is not allowing the live scan prints to be uploaded at this time thus further delaying getting the HQL. I just had my prints done at Maryland live scan in Glen Burnie. I was told I would get a call later when they were able to upload. I was told this was happening at all live scan locations around the state. Seems like MSP is dropping the ball on many accounts.

This is exactly the kind of report folks have been worried about

Vassago

Sep 23, 2013
    MoCo
    Did my prints this AM and submitted application online now I sit and wait. Hopfully I can pick up my gun on the 19th as planned. I'll keep you posted, process for finger prints took 10minutes and application online took about 5 min.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    How would you submit your DD214 on line?

Once your application is initiated, there is a prompt for your qualifying document (DD-214).

A Browse button takes you to your files. Once selected, you upload your copy of the DD-214. Mine is in a pdf format. Once uploaded, you are supposedly able to view and/or delete your document (viewing did not work this morning).

Interesting that your SSN is NOT required on the HQL application but clearly shows on your DD-214.

4570inMD

pozzo

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm imagine folks are headed to get fingerprinted this morning to complete the HQL process. Let us know your experience once your prints are in and have completed the online process. I'm personally waiting to see what happens in court.
    Went to livescan today, they took my fingerprints but couldn't upload them yet. Got a call later that it went through, and I've submitted the application online. Any guesses for when the first approvals go out?

B@Dfi$H

Nov 9, 2009
    the ranchhood
    called and made an appointment at 9:30 for 3 pm ,,stopped by United Security & Communications, Inc. in Wayson’s Corner they told me they cannot do the prints for the hql there not going to have the correct software for a week or so,,,,,make sure you call and confirm where ever you go so you don't waste 2 hours driving like i did.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Went to livescan today, they took my fingerprints but couldn't upload them yet. Got a call later that it went through, and I've submitted the application online. Any guesses for when the first approvals go out?

If you do a little google searching you will find this FAQ that addresses your question.

SB 281
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Prepared by Staff of the Maryland Senate Republican;

http://www.calvertgop.org/documents/SB281.pdf

page 3: How long will it take the Maryland State Police to validate all of
    the requirements for an HQL and begin issuing licenses to the
    applicants?

"Unfortunately, no one representing the Maryland State Police is willing to make an estimate as to how long it will take from October 1, 2013, until the first HQL applications are processed"

I thought for a moment I had read something about having to get them done in 30 days but, I could be thinking of something else because I cant find anything that states msp has a window of time they have to get it done in.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    I thought for a moment I had read something about having to get them done in 30 days but, I could be thinking of something else because I cant find anything that states msp has a window of time they have to get it done in.

It's on page 31 of SB281:

(H) (1) WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING A PROPERLY COMPLETED APPLICATION, THE SECRETARY SHALL ISSUE TO THE APPLICANT:

(I) A HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE IF THE APPLICANT IS APPROVED; OR
    (II) A WRITTEN DENIAL OF THE APPLICATION THAT CONTAINS:
    1. THE REASON THE APPLICATION WAS DENIED; AND
    2. A STATEMENT OF THE APPLICANT’S APPEAL RIGHTS UNDER SUBSECTION (J) (L) OF THIS SECTION.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom