• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Clandestine,

What kind of mag release did you have in that video? I might have to upgrade

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    Just want to guess as to final asnwer: The pistol gas system being rather violent is causing the disconnector to not catch the hammer, either due to its geometry being slightly off or the disconnector spring being too weak. have you checked to see if the hammer is leaving any marks on the disconnector beside the engagement points? interested to see what the fix will be/ what the issue was.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Just want to guess as to final asnwer: The pistol gas system being rather violent is causing the disconnector to not catch the hammer, either due to its geometry being slightly off or the disconnector spring being too weak. have you checked to see if the hammer is leaving any marks on the disconnector beside the engagement points? interested to see what the fix will be/ what the issue was.

Will let you know with pics when I pull the trigger out.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    I had the same issue with my Rise armament trigger. I emailed rise and they sent me pictures on where I should file down the hammer, where it touches the disconnector. It took a couple of minutes and not it works fine. Hopefully yours is an easy fix.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I had the same issue with my Rise armament trigger. I emailed rise and they sent me pictures on where I should file down the hammer, where it touches the disconnector. It took a couple of minutes and not it works fine. Hopefully yours is an easy fix.

yeah, I would have told them, I didn't buy this trigger to have to work on it before using it. You fix it. smh

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    For a mil spec style, the ALG is a good trigger for around $70.

There is nothing wrong with a standard trigger.
    My offer still stands. I’ve replaced all my triggers with match triggers and have a pile of factory triggers collecting dust.

eh, i'm assuming you're talking about the alg act ? the alg qms trigger is junk imo, the one that came on my barrett rec 7 was worse than 3/4's of the standard milspec triggers that came on my other rifles.

to anyone wondering, Save, wait for a sale, use the 15 dollars off plus free shipping code at brownells, and get the geissele ssa for 170 dollars.

probably the single best upgrade ive added to any of my rifles, hands down :)

RNB3

Apr 24, 2019
    in dem mountinz
    FCG springs

Not sure if this'll be helpful. You may have already tried this. At the range a few years back, I was mighty proud of an AR build I had just completed. Eager to test fire it. I put a magazine in it, pulled back the charging handle and seated the first round. Long story short, I had in my hastiness, forgot to properly lube my firearm. It would fire a few rounds then stop. After lubing it, it certainly cycled better, but after a start and stop 30 rounds, it started to fail on reset. Needless to say, we tore it apart, almost ignoring the reset problem. I got frustrated and decided to schlep it back home to examine more closely. Once apart with the FCG I started looking at the springs. First problem, I dropped the reset spring in upside down. Now, I always use magnifiers doing any small parts work. Second problem, I installed the trigger spring improperly. Third problem, I installed the hammer spring backwards. It's a wonder the firearm cycled at all. After rectifying these mistakes... No further problems. BTW I have KNS pins and they seem to function as they were intended. I've used them on several builds and have never had a problem. Hope this helps, if not, kindly disregard.

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    Gas issue
    Either moved or junk in the tube.
    Just my guess

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Thanks for the reply but not that, after the new round is chamber, the trigger can't be pulled.

Pulling the charging handle back was to set the trigger, not refire on a struck round

I should have been more clear

It's either the hammer is following the bolt or the bolt is not seating,

Maybe a bad sear and the hammer is dropping as the bolt returns to the closed position? If that's the case, it wouldn't fire.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    For clarity....

I pull the trigger. The round is fired, spent case ejected, new round is chambered.

At this point the trigger will not travel.

When I said im pulling the charging handle, I'm only pulling it fast enough to set the trigger but not fast enough to eject the round.

I STILL say it's a bad sear, but it COULD be a weak spring and not holding the hammer on cock.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    Yeah this thread went waaaay longer than it needed to. It's either a broken/incorrect disconnector spring, out of spec disconnector, or incorrect sear angles. All point to the fire control group.
    The reason why your trigger was firing on release/reset in the other rifle was due to--interestingly enough--the same issue. I don't know who told you it was the pins but that doesn't make much sense to me, unless they were out far enough that the trigger/hammer would be inoperable,which would be clearly visible by looking at the lower receiver.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Yeah this thread went waaaay longer than it needed to. It's either a broken/incorrect disconnector spring, out of spec disconnector, or incorrect sear angles. All point to the fire control group.
    The reason why your trigger was firing on release/reset in the other rifle was due to--interestingly enough--the same issue. I don't know who told you it was the pins but that doesn't make much sense to me, unless they were out far enough that the trigger/hammer would be inoperable,which would be clearly visible by looking at the lower receiver.

Speak with SOTAR.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    People keep offering gas system issues.

WTF??

If the rifle cycles, ejects the empty, chambers the new round, and then the trigger will not pull, HOW IS IT THE GAS SYSTEM?????

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    People keep offering gas system issues.

WTF??

If the rifle cycles, ejects the empty, chambers the new round, and then the trigger will not pull, HOW IS IT THE GAS SYSTEM?????

Yep, that pretty much covers the gas system I hope...... it has several 100 rounds through it, enough to guarantee the gas system works, not anywhere close to it being gummed up.

I hope it ends gas system discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom