• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Ok wanted to start this new thread so this didn’t get buried. Like the title says, they have got new admission rates! If you go on Friday it’s only $13 to get in and Saturday or Sunday it’s $16 but if you go on Saturday and want to go back Sunday, your Saturday hand stamp gets you back in! These are before any coupons! https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Any reports on the show? (Does this one have its own thread? I searched, but only found a thread for the April show). I've never been to Chantilly. Its probably 2+ hours away. Someday, I would like to...just so I can say I've seen it.

Today hasn't been a great start to my birthday weekend. :sad20: I figure it's going to rain tomorrow to mess up anything I would want to do outside:rolleyes:, so I'm wondering if maybe tomorrow should be the day I see Chantilly.

(but that means getting up at a gawdawful hour...and spending 5 hours in the car)

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Any reports on the show? (Does this one have its own thread? I searched, but only found a thread for the April show). I've never been to Chantilly. Its probably 2+ hours away. Someday, I would like to...just so I can say I've seen it.

Today hasn't been a great start to my birthday weekend. :sad20: I figure it's going to rain tomorrow to mess up anything I would want to do outside:rolleyes:, so I'm wondering if maybe tomorrow should be the day I see Chantilly.

(but that means getting up at a gawdawful hour...and spending 5 hours in the car)

That’s how I feel about The Oaks Show. I’ve never made it there because it’s 150 miles one way for me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The (public) attendance was only medium .

A new change is in addition to joining/ renewing NRA membership gets free admission , joining/ renewing VCDL likewise is free admission .

As usual , I only was able to browse briefly , so can't give comprehensive review .

And at last minute did stumble into classic leather holster for bargin price, so my personal streak remains alive .

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017

I went today. I probably walked the show 3 times, I was there for about 4 hrs, including an extended lunch break at the Peruvian chicken place a few doors down from the expo center (delicious chicken bowl).

Tables looked sold out, as usual. There was a good crowd when I got there around 11 (at least relative to the other 4-5 times I’ve been). I’m no help on the mil-surp stuff except to say that I saw a lot of it. I was in the market for a 590A1. Only saw 2 at the whole show - one priced way too high and one with a huge scratch, missing the rear sight, and not priced cheap enough for me not to care. I very nearly purchased a Ruger PC Carbine in digital camo on a whim from our own IP DK Firearms, but I opted to buy a crapton of mags instead with this special VA legislative session set to start July 9. Picked up some subsonic 300 BO too, which reminded me that I really need to get into reloading.

I enjoyed the show, but I always enjoy these shows. Seems like you ought to head over tomorrow and get yourself a nice bday present!

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Like Bigfoot44 said it seemed that the turnout was ok but not as good as I have seen. If you want to see some cool guns it's a great place to wander around. Some deals I'm sure were to be had but for what I was looking for I struck out.
    The NRA had a great display of Lugar style pistols that was interesting.
    Congrats to Bigfoot44 for keeping his holster streak alive! Even though he said he wasn't buying another one I knew it was only time.
    If you go head to the far wall on the right about halfway up and say hi to the folks at MSI. Always good talking to friends person to person.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive sort of given up on Chantilly. Too crowded, parking is a mess, lots of Jerky and AR parts. I miss the bygone era of surplus and digging through parts bins and looking for hidden treasures and haggling lots of haggling.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well...maybe we'll try harder for the next one. :o My better 3/4 was not enthusiastic about the idea. She had suggested earlier in the week that we get a motel and stay Saturday night. I wasn't enthusiastic about that idea.

It's been a long day. I'm already sore and tired, and the thought of getting up super early to go on a long drive (with someone who is just going along for me) to shuffle through a big show (which makes me sore and tired) and face a long ride home just isn't as appealing as it was earlier today.

I don't really have any money to spend anyway.:sad20:

Someday...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Well...maybe we'll try harder for the next one. :o My better 3/4 was not enthusiastic about the idea. She had suggested earlier in the week that we get a motel and stay Saturday night. I wasn't enthusiastic about that idea.

It's been a long day. I'm already sore and tired, and the thought of getting up super early to go on a long drive (with someone who is just going along for me) to shuffle through a big show (which makes me sore and tired) and face a long ride home just isn't as appealing as it was earlier today.

Someday...

If I was spending that coin I would just go for Oaks. Chantilly can be ok (not what it used to be but none are) but it isn't worth a hotel room and that jazz.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    There are multiple lines as you go in. The one on the right was marked cash only which was where I went. I assume the other lines took credit cards for admission.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

Someday...
    Wrong thread. This belongs in the "You know you're getting old" thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom