• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Thanks Zzzzz man for posting information on this. I like CZ guns, but it is unsusceptible that these guns were marketed and sold.

You're welcome! My only interest is in providing info to owners of these so-called 'stainless steel' P-01's on how they can hold CZ-USA accountable for such egregious BS. I know that many were sold to MDS members as 'stainless steel' and that the retailer who sold them had no more idea that they weren't really stainless steel than the folks who bought them thinking they were.

I will be sure to update this thread when I hear anything else.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Update: $ Or Store Credit?

Update! The owner who has been keeping me in-the-loop said he received an offer via phone call from CZ-USA today: full-refund or equivalent store credit towards something of equal or greater value. It appears that the rumors I've been hearing are true. He said he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do yet and would let CZ-USA know by tomorrow. He did not ask me what I would do and I didn't offer advice. I simply congratulated him for being persistent.

While my respect for CZ-USA's business sense has dwindled in light of recent events, I do think they deserve props for this decision. It would be interesting to know how many owners decided to keep their oddball 'stainless' P-01's in the hope they would some day become collectible and how many returned them because they felt ripped-off by fraudulent labeling and marketing. I think in the long run, CZ-USA made a wise decision and while it doesn't fully restore my faith, it does make me feel a little bit better about them acting like a damn kid with their hand caught in the cookie jar when confronted by it.

What would you do?

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I don't like the "flaking" or other finish problems. But a plain old 75 with Cadet kit would be my trade for.

Without flaking or finish problem, I would keep the nickel gun but want a small gift certificate or discount on another cz product. I am a hopeless fanboy, no cure. And am used to the cz foibles. Still the best value in firearms, IMO.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I don't like the "flaking" or other finish problems. But a plain old 75 with Cadet kit would be my trade for.

Without flaking or finish problem, I would keep the nickel gun but want a small gift certificate or discount on another cz product. I am a hopeless fanboy, no cure. And am used to the cz foibles. Still the best value in firearms, IMO.

I think that's a solid choice. If they offered me equal or greater value, I'd be very tempted by a 97B and then send it off to get the full Cajun Gun Works makeover.

I have no issues with the mothership, CZ-UB. I'll always consider them one of the premier gunmakers in the world and the 75 one of the greatest semi-automatic pistols ever conceived. This nonsense was clearly CZ-USA's doings but it's nice to see them take ownership and do the right thing for unhappy customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom