AK Build Party - Possibly mid/late summer?!?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I apologize that I haven't come up with a date for another AK Build Party but the weather and my schedule has been not been very cooperative this spring. I need dry weather to move some of my garage projects outside so we have space to work, and now my son is having surgery in two weeks. The recovery time for his surgery is going to be 6-8 weeks so it may be mid to late summer before I can even entertain hosting another build party.

Soooo... With this said, is there enough people interested in another build party this summer?

And before any newbies ask about what they can/cannot build... No post FSA '13 builds on new 80% flats/recievers unless they are AK variant pistols or, >29" SBR with approved Form 1. All pre FSA '13 builds started before October 1, 2013 welcome. Anyone looking to make self repairs (straighten canted sights, feed issues, refinishing) are welcome to attend.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I am.

This parts kit and 10+ year old receiver isn't doing me any good just gathering dust...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I apologize that I haven't come up with a date for another AK Build Party but the weather and my schedule has been not been very cooperative this spring. I need dry weather to move some of my garage projects outside so we have space to work, and now my son is having surgery in two weeks. The recovery time for his surgery is going to be 6-8 weeks so it may be mid to late summer before I can even entertain hosting another build party.

Soooo... With this said, is there enough people interested in another build party this summer?

And before any newbies ask about what they can/cannot build... No post FSA '13 builds on new 80% flats/recievers unless they are AK variant pistols or, >29" SBR with approved Form 1. All pre FSA '13 builds started before October 1, 2013 welcome. Anyone looking to make self repairs (straighten canted sights, feed issues, refinishing) are welcome to attend.

I am completely ignorant to the AK platform, but interested. Can you give a summary of what would be needed as in parts?

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I'm down for attending. Got a form 1 and pre 10/13 assemblies that need finishing.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    tc you know I'm down. you also know I have tooling available. i'll try and convince frozencesium to not be either working or at his motorcycle club for one single friggin day and finish his VERY pre-FSA builds.... either way I'll be there to finish up one of my own. not sure if i'll be doing the SBR right off or will need to pistol first then sbr. depends on when I can get the E-F1 submitted. either way, I'm there and whatever tooling fits in the car will arrive as well. along with.....THAT most famous build-party accessory. ;)

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    well right now is about the worst time for kits alot of them have dried up Mint Hungarian kits came in last year but have since dried up. Any reason you are building a kit as apposed to buying one? the m92 pap is so cheap you cant really beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom